Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-17, 08:18 PM  
Footballnut

P90 vs Cathe ICE

If anyone is familiar with both of these programs, which seems to be more low intermediate level, modifiable? Would results be similar with them? Any thoughts regarding these programs would be great.
Old 06-16-17, 08:53 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I haven't tried P90, did P90X, but ICE is awesome. There are different levels and premixes; Cathe always has wonderful production quality. You could try On Demand for both of them and see how you like it.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-17, 09:28 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I've done both, and it's Cathe ICE hands down for me. Granted, I have been with Cathe since the early 90s, but her ICE series is my most used set. I often switch btwn Cathe and Tracie Long every other day, and I am in the best shape I've been in for years!

P90X was just not sustainable for me, and it really lacked the fun factor. I literally just watched the time on these. Big time dread!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-17, 10:42 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I am probably the only VFer who doesn't love Cathe's I.C.E. set. I didn't feel they were intermediate. The modifier is a joke. She barely modifies, and only sometimes. And then, when she is actually modifying, the camera is elsewhere. And it's the usual warp speed Cathe.

I recently tried (the new) P90 via BBOD. I like these enough that I went ahead and bought the DVD set. There is a real modifier in each workout (Well, the ones I've done so far.) I think it is Intermediate level and can be easily leveled up to more advanced. The weight workouts are done at a reasonable pace.

You have to be able to tolerate Tony Horton. I don't like him much, but like the workouts enough to ignore that.

Maybe you could do P90 first and then I.C.E?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-17, 04:06 PM  
horusosiris

I have done P90 program and Cathe's ICE series. I enjoyed ICE more than P90 and I lioke both Tony and Cathe. Both programs are solid intermediate programs but the P90 program would be better suited for a novice or low intermediate exerciser.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-17, 07:33 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I am probably the only VFer who doesn't love Cathe's I.C.E. set. I didn't feel they were intermediate. The modifier is a joke. She barely modifies, and only sometimes. And then, when she is actually modifying, the camera is elsewhere. And it's the usual warp speed Cathe.
Agreed. 100%.

I think they could have learned a lot from KCM and others like Jessica Smith who have 2 or 3 levels shown. Lots of modification ideas right there without doing a lot of homework. I do like a few of the workouts like the Total Body Metabolic Conditioning (Ok, I LOVE TBMC).... it's my most used ICE DVD.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-17, 10:19 AM  
Tugger31

I like the ICE workouts, but agree the modifications were not what I expected. I pretty much know how to modify most exercises by now but it would have been nice to have a modifier more of a presence in the workouts. Even though these are supped to be Intermediate, I still felt a few of these were definitely High Intermediate. They definitely have less reps than most of Cathe's workouts and in general are shorter in length. I'd place most of the workouts somewhere between KCM and Cathe's regular workouts in intensity. I do enjoy all the premixes with the Blizzard Blasts and the separate upper body segments for add ons. The set has alot of versatility and I don't regret buying it.

I've never done P90 so can't comment on those.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe ice, modifier, p90 new, tony horton