Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-05-22, 04:05 PM  
Megan
VF Supporter

Has anyone tried SCW On Demand

Hello! This is my first post here in almost 12 years! I can't believe I remembered my password How is everyone? I am back on track with working out after a lot of years dealing with various health issues. I've been back in a steady routine for about 2 1/2 years now.

Anyway, I happened to stumble across SCW On Demand. They have DVDs too.

Has any one tried this? Or have any of their DVD's? The selection looks really interesting, including a lot well known instructors (Rob, Kimberly, Keli, Gay Gaspar, Andre Houle, Franny Benedetto). Most of the descriptions sound like the workouts would be home-exerciser friendly, although some sound more geared to instructors. It's hard to tell without any video clips.

I'm trying to decide whether to sign up for 1 month to try it or if I should go for a whole year since it's a lot cheaper.
Old 05-05-22, 11:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Welcome back Megan!

It does look interesting! Looks like they don’t have a free trial or any sample videos to try though. The fitness certification courses interest me as I’m ready to broaden my horizons.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 06:47 AM  
bubbles76

Welcome back! Never tried it, but I have tried a few of their dvds. Wasn't even aware there was an SCW On Demand. Is it newer stuff or just their older stuff?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 05:15 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Welcome back! Never tried it, but I have tried a few of their dvds. Wasn't even aware there was an SCW On Demand. Is it newer stuff or just their older stuff?
It does say new videos each month (but I have no experience -- just found it on their website). What does SCW stand for? I never did find that on their website.
Old 05-06-22, 05:57 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
It does say new videos each month (but I have no experience -- just found it on their website). What does SCW stand for? I never did find that on their website.
I assume Sara City Workouts. They used to produce VHS workout videos with rather low budget/sparse sets (like in a corner of a mirrored studio/gym if I'm remembering right) and sometimes at the end the instructor would give a short lecture. IIRC, they were known for somewhat poorer sound/video quality and production values compared to CIA or Cathe.

I have copies of some VHS Franny Benedetto did that were produced by them. I even purchased some downloads from them in the past couple of years but haven't gotten around to burning them to DVD yet--so digital "virgins" I guess since I prefer DVDs.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-22, 12:17 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I had no idea this existed. Thank you for posting this Megan!

I only have one SCW DVD - Rob Glick's Brick by Brick, which I really enjoy. I agree with adawn that production values are somewhat 'lesser' than CIA and Cathe, but the choreography and instruction were great, at least in that DVD. I think it would be considered as geared towards instructors in the same way CIA or Evolution workouts are too - just as a way to present new choreography. It is very home-exerciser friendly and works great as a full length workout. I will add than a low-budget set or mediocre music does not really bother me, so long as the workout itself is great.

The annual price seems very good, even considering the US exchange rate. If I do join, I think I would still try one month at the full price, just to make sure before I commit to a year.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sara's city workouts, scw