Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-20, 08:32 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

Hi, my name is Mary. And I work at McDonald's! ���

This is not the year you want to fess up that you work at the PO. I'm so sorry y'all. We've experienced record package volumes while simultaneously experiencing record staff shortages. The combo has caused a horrible bottleneck at our sorting facilities. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better. But if it helps, I'm currently an acting Postmaster and my stuff isn't getting through either.

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 05:42 AM  
ncl

Hi Mary. I like hearing this insight in to the post office. I am definitely not disgruntled and it is as I have imagined Everyone and their brother, even more than usual, are ordering gifts online and I was imagining the overload at the post office, so I have much empathy for all those working there to trying to manage this! I did not know there were staff shortages as well. I appreciate all the postal workers who are keeping our country running during this pandemic and doing their best to keep things on time.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 05:46 AM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Yeah, my package is still in transit, too. Shipping timelines mean nothing this year. Hopefully, everything will get to its destination at some point! At some point soon would be good.
Hi Laura. I think you might be my secret santa and my package arrived yesterday, just in time. I put it under the tree. After years of asking for fitness gifts from my family and never receiving anything fitness related, I thought it might be nice for me to have something fitness related under the tree.

Also did not realize until now that you are a fellow North Carolinian! Thanks in advance and I will post again after opening!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 04:06 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Oh, I am so glad the treats went over well with your furballs. And I'm glad you like the See's Candies. I try very hard to stay away from the See's store because I love everything they make.

I want to give credit to our thoughtful, helpful, generous, and kind elf Sherry. She provided the Total Kickbox dvd.

I'm sending one more thing, tomorrow. Let's hope it doesn't have to spend a week in Allentown.
Big thank you to Demeris because I received my other Secret Santa gift today. It’s a hand embroidered tea towel, so thoughtful and cute! It’s a grey and white kitten spying a goldfish swimming in a bowl, so adorable! Thank you so much! Handmade gifts are so special and I really appreciate all the time it took to make. Your handiwork is beautiful! I will either hang it from the oven door in the kitchen or from the spare towel rack in the bathroom. So very sweet and special! I hope you have a very happy Christmas!
Old 12-24-20, 04:15 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Big thank you to Demeris because I received my other Secret Santa gift today. It’s a hand embroidered tea towel, so thoughtful and cute! It’s a grey and white kitten spying a goldfish swimming in a bowl, so adorable! Thank you so much! Handmade gifts are so special and I really appreciate all the time it took to make. Your handiwork is beautiful! I will either hang it from the oven door in the kitchen or from the spare towel rack in the bathroom. So very sweet and special! I hope you have a very happy Christmas!
You got it!! Thank goodness. I love embroidering, and I enjoyed making you a little dishtowel, but I had forgotten to put it in the big package. Thank you for the kind words about my skills. Merry Christmas!
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 04:39 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
Hi Laura. I think you might be my secret santa and my package arrived yesterday, just in time. I put it under the tree. After years of asking for fitness gifts from my family and never receiving anything fitness related, I thought it might be nice for me to have something fitness related under the tree.

Also did not realize until now that you are a fellow North Carolinian! Thanks in advance and I will post again after opening!
Yay! I'm so glad it got there before Christmas. I was hoping that us being in the same state would mean it would arrive. I've lived in the Raleigh area for 3 years now. Cary, the suburb we live in, stands for something like Consolidated Area of Relocated Yankees. It definitely describes us. I hope you enjoy your gifts AND that you enjoy getting fitness gifts on Christmas.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 04:54 PM  
sherry7899

Demeris, the towel you embroidered sounds lovely!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 08:29 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

My secret Santa is... OTS!!!

I came home this evening to a box full of wonderful gifts!

Hungry Girl diet cookbook
The softest matching fuzzy penguin socks and fuzzy penguin eye mask.
Snickerdoodles (which my hubby tried to steal)
A lavender vanilla candle
A wonderful card
And a penguin face mask!!!

Then I checked my email and was gifted a month of Bulldog Yoga online

All this in addition to the two wonderful DVDs (Cathe's Perfect 30 Yoga and Firm 5 Day Stretch)

Thank you so very much! I feel so very blessed!

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-20, 10:54 AM  
jbrigid
VF Supporter

Wow!

A big thanks to Garrie A for the 6 GREAT dvds, shakers, gift card (Starbucks!) and peppermint bark. I polished off the peppermint LONG before today.

Such a variety of workouts! I'm especially eager to try the "Fame" workouts, as I am a fan of the show and movie.

Today I am doing Janis Saffell "Kickbox Strike Zone" after reading the reviews on VF.

This is my first VF gift exchange, and I will be sure to do it again next year.

Joanne
Old 12-25-20, 02:12 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

{{{Cookie}}} I'm so sorry for griping about my package's slow progress. Please know that I truly do appreciate what the front line postal workers are going through and I thank you all for keeping up with the madness!

PS - my grand nephew's package arrived on the 23rd.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2020 gift thank you, gift exchange, holiday exchange thanks, holiday gift exchange