Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-14, 09:47 AM  
pattyd0319

This was heartbreaking for me. I felt like she was a bright light for Darryl and then to have it end like that for him. I don't want to see Darryl lose hope and go crazy like Shane did. Ugghh! Game of Thrones leaves me feeling the same way, the good guys never get a break. I know in real life bad things happen to good people but sometimes, with all the craziness in this world, can't we get a happy ending? I was hoping for a couple of shows to see Beth's interaction with the group now that she evolved and to give them hope. I'm glad they at least didn't kill off Maggie or Carol.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-14, 12:06 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

ahhhhhhh!
no

just no
Old 12-02-14, 02:30 PM  
slysam

I love that there are so many ways to interpret it. I wondered what she understood as well. I think she understands why Dawn killed her partner or some of the other choices she made where she killed someone. I don't think Beth meant to die, but perhaps she just felt that Dawn was out of control and needed to be taken out for the greater good. And maybe she saw that as her last chance to kill Dawn. I think Noah was the last straw as she might have realized this woman doesn't honor deals so there was no trusting her to leave them alone. But I also can't imagine her sacrificing her life just to free Noah--her will to live seems too strong. It could be that she thought the group would fight to keep him and that others she loves like Carol, Rick, Daryl might have been killed in the fight. But why would she assume killing Dawn would fix that. I don't think Dawn is the worst of the hospital residents (not defending her as she possibly could have stopped some of the other senseless violence and exploitation that was happening). I think she died from a poorly calculated impulsive decision, but I think she would have been happy that the result was the group along with Noah being able to leave the hospital.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 05:22 AM  
pcdoctor01

I finally watched it last night. Did Dawn shoot Beth through the bottom of her chin and the bullet went through her head? I couldn't understand where the bullet came from. Also if Noah would have stayed behind, maybe Beth would still be alive. Also, maybe Michonne should have left Father Gabriel outside. I noticed one of the zombies got though their piano pipes barrier.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 06:49 AM  
T2B

pcdoctor - it looked like Dawn shot Beth through the bottom of her chin.

I didn't get where the connection to Noah came from. I remember thinking after the first time he met her, he told her his plans for escaping. How did he know he could trust her?

I read an interview where Norman Reedus said that after watching this episode he woke up the next morning sad and depressed. I was sad when I went to bed Sunday night. I love this show but the bleakness is depressing if I think about it too much. Same with my other favorite show, Sons of Anarchy.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 07:44 AM  
woodie

I am just ready for them to do something other than run, kill zombies, run some more. It doesn't have to be a happy ending for me. It just needs to progress.

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 04:27 PM  
DEEDEE

I think the writers knew exactly what they wanted with Beth. I too was just starting to really like the character and then boom...she's gone. I believed the writers planned it this way because if she had died before people began to like her it wouldn't have had the same effect. I also think her death was a vehicle for us to see Maggie react. Her reaction to Hershel's death got a lot of attention so of course we had to see her react to Beth's death. I agree with those who think this was a bit contrived because Maggie was more concerned with Glen than her own sister, and once she found Glen...all was right with the world, even without her sister.

That being said, I'm really sad to see the character go because I really liked her interaction with Noah. I have no clue what they plan to do with Noah now.
DEEDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 08:08 PM  
fit_fairy

My husband brought up a good point. When did Dawn pull her gun? They ha all holstered their guns at one point. I need to watch it again. But if it was holstered, perhaps she was pulling it out to protect herself and it misfired?
fit_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 08:50 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit_fairy View Post
My husband brought up a good point. When did Dawn pull her gun? They ha all holstered their guns at one point. I need to watch it again. But if it was holstered, perhaps she was pulling it out to protect herself and it misfired?
I had the exact same thought!!! The gun seemed to go off immediately after Beth stabbed her, so you would think she already had it out. Plus, it seemed like the shot would be a knee-jerk reaction to the stabbing, if she had time to pull it out of the holster and hold it under Beth's chin she would have had time to think about her action. But Dawn seemed to be genuinely shocked by the shot, and you could see her mouthing, "I didn't mean it" in slow motion before Daryl shot her. The whole thing left me confused. I tend to believe from Dawn's reaction that it really was an accident, but her gun would have already been in her hand for that to be true.
Old 12-03-14, 08:56 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
I am just ready for them to do something other than run, kill zombies, run some more. It doesn't have to be a happy ending for me. It just needs to progress.
I feel like this sometimes too. I understand that the majority of people left in the world are probably morally questionable. The writers have repeatedly stated that you pretty much would have to do bad things to continue to survive in that world. Yet I just can't believe that Rick and Co. are the only good people left in the world. Why can't they run into other good people for a change??? I guess Abraham and Rosita are probably good, Eugene has proven untrustworthy at best, and as for Gabriel... I think he is probably actually a good person, just a weak and cowardly one that made a huge mistake. He is obviously guilt-ridden over what he did, and if he was an evil person I don't think he would give it another thought. So those are a very few decent people Rick and Co. have encountered. The vast majority of the people they have come across have been lunatics. I'm ready for them to find a nice organized group of decent people to hang out with!!

Tags
favorite tv shows, the walking dead, twd, walking dead