Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-17, 10:35 AM  
sherry7899

SPOILERS:

I hate to say it, but I was kind of underwhelmed in a way. I think that might be because it was hyped so much in the media "things you've never seen on tv before," "will leave America reeling, " "we will destroy America" etc, etc. Those are from articles about the finale.

I did NOT expect to find out how Jack dies last night. Not having that information did not bother me. I knew they are going to keep dragging that out. I'm fine with it.

I did enjoy seeing the backstory of how Rebecca and Jack met. I wish they had gone more into Jack's father's character. Yes, he's a real jerk but what made him that way? It really shows how desperate Jack was to get himself and his mom away from Jack's father that he was willing to rob a bar. Hearing Rebecca sing really did save his life from going a whole another way-not only would they not have met, he likely would have been in prison after getting caught.

The fight between Rebecca and Jack was anxiety inducing, to say the least. I was really surprised that Rebecca let Jack walk out the door after he explains his reasons for loving her. I wonder if that is the last conversation they will ever have.

I am happy about the parts with the triplets at the end. It will be wonderful to see Randall spend time with a new child, which he likely did not get to do much of with Tess and Annie since he worked so much. I do wonder what he will do for work, though. I'm also curious how Kate will suddenly "become a singer." That is a hard career -Rebecca spent over twenty years trying to make it. I am glad Kevin and Sophie are still together even though he is going for the movie audition.

I think I've rambled enough....

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 10:47 AM  
gladgirl

I thought it was very choppy. But I must admit...got teary when Jack explained to Rebecca what he loved about her...that little exchange made it worthwhile for me!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 10:56 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
I thought it was very choppy. But I must admit...got teary when Jack explained to Rebecca what he loved about her...that little exchange made it worthwhile for me!
Yes, that scene made the episode worth watching. I expected the time shifts since they always do that. I'm used to it

Old 03-15-17, 11:02 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Considering what I was expecting, it was pretty anti-climactic. At least they threw the other three in for about 5 seconds each at the end. Since it's been renewed for another two years, I guess they have time to stretch it out.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 01:16 PM  
sherry7899

I haven't watched this yet, but it will have spoilers. It is a 37 minute "aftershow."

http://www.nbc.com/this-is-us/video/...ode-18/3484458

Old 03-15-17, 01:25 PM  
momofcha

I think it's great that Kate has a dream to become a singer, but I hope it doesn't set her up for more disappointment.

I agree, I knew I wouldn't find out how Jack died last night, but I couldn't help feeling it was so anti-climactic. Great observation about Randall being able to spend time with a kid now that he's not working. I think it's great he's able to slow down and appreciate things now, I think he has enough money to be set for a while that it wouldn't be an issue.

I hope that it isn't the last time Rebecca/Jack talk! I hope they fix things and that's not the end of their marriage.

I still wonder when she ends up with Miguel and I hope it's after Jack dies, not before! I also hope that the separation (whatever it is) doesn't create a downward spiral for him. I still think back to what Kate said that his death is "her fault." So I imagine there is so much more to come....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 01:37 PM  
sherry7899

I forgot to post that in on demand in Verizon Fios they have a "first half of the season" special which I never noticed listed. It is over an hour. I do not know if it is on NBC.com. I will definitely watch it. It could just be all the aftershows strung together.

Old 03-16-17, 09:19 AM  
sherry7899

I read an article that said William will be a big part of season 2. I am so glad!

Old 03-16-17, 09:23 AM  
Exercise Diva

My daughter got me into watching this and I love it!
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 10:40 AM  
sherry7899

Here is a long interview with Milo:

http://people.com/tv/milo-ventimigli...e-fight-scene/

It came up in a Facebook thread that Toby works in IT, if anyone was curious.

Tags
favorite tv shows, this is us