Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-13, 07:35 AM  
LeanneM

Glad you're liking the workouts, Kari!

I did Bikini Bootcamp yesterday and, like Sue, had a hard time with the band at the beginning; it just didn't feel natural to me to use it. So far, this is my least favorite of the three I've done. It just felt a bit boring to me, but I'll definitely give it another go.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 10:41 AM  
HRCFitness

Did Batta Barre today

I did Batta Barre today and I liked it. The cardio is fast and so it's going to take a bit to keep up wiht the moves. The Barre section was good.

I like this one better than the Barre in the previous set.

I wanted to LOVE this set but as of now I don't really love them. Maybe they are going to take a few tries to get used to.
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 07:45 PM  
kariev34

I asked how to rotate the new and old set on DB FB page and this was their response:

Hi Karie - I'd start by alternating a cardio DVD (workouts with tennis shoes) with a toning DVD (without tennies) - something like this on a 7-day schedule: Day 1 Cardio DVD from new set. Day 2 Toning DVD from original set. Day 3 Cardio DVD from original set. Day 4: Your own workout - jogging/walking/running/swimming/hiking/etc. Day 5: Toning DVD from original Set. Day 6: Cardio DVD from new set. Day 7: Active rest day - you don't have to do a full-on workout but try and stay active and do a leisurely walk or playing outside with the kiddos/pets. If this is too much, just spread this out over 5 days and take two days off - take the stairs, park farther away in parking lots, etc. to stay active. Basically, however many days you want to workout, do this schedule alternating the cardios and tonings - you will have a lot of cardios to choose from and keep your body guessing! You can also throw in our original Dream Body DVD - it's a toning workout similar to Fusion Mix. I've also heard feedback from clients who purchase our prenatal DVD Fusion Bump as another to throw in the mix - it's still hard, don't worry! It's similar to Fusion Mix as well. Hope this helps - let us know if you have any more questions
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 07:57 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Huh..... rotating a tennies workout with a barefoot workout.... interesting way to look at their classes!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-13, 05:57 AM  
kariev34

Today I did Bikini Bootcamp and really liked it. I wouldn't say the band was awkward but it was a different feel as compared to hand weights. I think the key is to use a light band so you can get the full range of motion and move as quickly as they do. It was a great cardio workout and I think the time flew by.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-13, 10:30 AM  
momof10

I just got this series yesterday. So far I have done Intense and MILF. These are awesome workouts and I would say they are advanced for sure. They are something to work up to. I have the original DB DVD along with the first set of DVDs I still think her previous workouts were too fast. This newest series is somewhat slower than her others, but I think it's still a little too fast for my tastes. It seems like they have so much they want to get in that they are rushing. IMHO, I think if she slowed it down just one more notch they would be perfect. I love workouts that move without any rests. For instance, I think the Tonique workouts are intense and she packs so much onto one DVD, but they are longer, because she moves at a more controlled pace. When I do workouts like Cathe, I find myself getting antsy at times if she explains things and stops moving, so I just keep moving when she does that.

That being said, do I love and would I recommend these workouts to someone else, yes, yes. Yes. I definitely have room for these in my workout schedule. The 2 workouts I did worked every body part. I love the gliders. I use gliders often with HC. I enjoyed the plank work, too, that's why I love HC. I can see how these would give awesome results if they are done regularly. There's no way that they wouldn't give someone a cut look.

I am still hoping her next series is just a tad slower.

Cheryl
Old 08-08-13, 10:35 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
I asked how to rotate the new and old set on DB FB page and this was their response:

Hi Karie - I'd start by alternating a cardio DVD (workouts with tennis shoes) with a toning DVD (without tennies) - something like this on a 7-day schedule: Day 1 Cardio DVD from new set. Day 2 Toning DVD from original set. Day 3 Cardio DVD from original set. Day 4: Your own workout - jogging/walking/running/swimming/hiking/etc. Day 5: Toning DVD from original Set. Day 6: Cardio DVD from new set. Day 7: Active rest day - you don't have to do a full-on workout but try and stay active and do a leisurely walk or playing outside with the kiddos/pets. If this is too much, just spread this out over 5 days and take two days off - take the stairs, park farther away in parking lots, etc. to stay active. Basically, however many days you want to workout, do this schedule alternating the cardios and tonings - you will have a lot of cardios to choose from and keep your body guessing! You can also throw in our original Dream Body DVD - it's a toning workout similar to Fusion Mix. I've also heard feedback from clients who purchase our prenatal DVD Fusion Bump as another to throw in the mix - it's still hard, don't worry! It's similar to Fusion Mix as well. Hope this helps - let us know if you have any more questions
Thanks for sharing this info, Karie! That helps a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
That being said, do I love and would I recommend these workouts to someone else, yes, yes. Yes. I definitely have room for these in my workout schedule. The 2 workouts I did worked every body part. I love the gliders. I use gliders often with HC. I enjoyed the plank work, too, that's why I love HC. I can see how these would give awesome results if they are done regularly. There's no way that they wouldn't give someone a cut look.

I am still hoping her next series is just a tad slower.

Cheryl
I wish that these were a bit slower, too!

I've only done three of them so far, but already feel like I'm toning up from them. There's something that is just magic about the DB workouts for me in terms of how quickly I see results with them.
Old 08-08-13, 03:20 PM  
LeanneM

Sorry if I missed this, but what is everyone using for the purple ball segments? I tried using my P57 ball today for Fusion 50, and it was way too big. Anyone have any recommendations? TIA!
Old 08-08-13, 03:22 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Sorry if I missed this, but what is everyone using for the purple ball segments? I tried using my P57 ball today for Fusion 50, and it was way too big. Anyone have any recommendations? TIA!
None of the ones I've done yet have used a ball. What about a fitball? I have been subbing that in the first set.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-13, 03:30 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
None of the ones I've done yet have used a ball. What about a fitball? I have been subbing that in the first set.
Thanks, Sue! What size do you use?

Tags
dream body