Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-13, 12:02 PM  
Bunny
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
I'm late to the Buti party also! Are the workouts in the subscription service downloads? I find it impossible to do workouts on my computer, so I like to download and then burn them to DVD.

And does anyone have any tips on how to download from Vimeo? I have never been able to get this to work!
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 12:21 PM  
Travelmug
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
That's great because this is exactly what I need! I get plenty of strength work from TA's Meta MS. But, I really need to lean out and need to get in extra cardio. Plus, I have not been stretching nearly enough and have no idea how I've not injured myself.

I did attempt a run through of Buti Sweet & Spicy today and struggled to get into the poses just in the first five minutes alone! That business sitting cross-legged with your heel in your hip crease is brutal! It's amazing how tight my body is! So, I'm hoping Bizzie can help me to loosen up! Burning extra fat and getting extra cardio just makes this that much better!
It gets easier! The flexibility gains will come with consistency for sure. Today I was able to do full lotus, for the first time ever in my life. Buti's not just for opening the hips - my back was so tight when I started but now it has loosened and doing hip circles in half lotus feels much better now.
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 12:41 PM  
mrsyancy
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Are the DVDs more beginner, int, or adv. The description says beginner to adv, so does that mean they're more advanced and beginner modifications are shown, or do the DVDs advance from the first to the third DVD?

Thanks
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 12:50 PM  
azuniga
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I just started the dvd rotation last Wed and my Lotus is already improving. Lost a couple of pounds already. Very happy with the results I'm getting. To me they are tough workouts! I decided to start with the Dvd's because that is what Bizzie has recommended. I find them all intermediate/advanced because some of the yoga moves require you to be pretty flexible plus the plyos. I'm sure I'll probably add in some of the online classes pretty soon because I like the Kristina classes so much, but the DVDs to me are worth it. She has a breakdown section of all the Buti moves. Fun workouts.
__________________
My fitness blog: www.jto115.blogspot.com/
azuniga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 12:57 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter
 
Helen S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post
Are the DVDs more beginner, int, or adv. The description says beginner to adv, so does that mean they're more advanced and beginner modifications are shown, or do the DVDs advance from the first to the third DVD?

Thanks
I think the 25 min. wo is easier than the other two wos because it's shorter. She also adds more yoga moves that are relaxing in between the more strenous parts.

The 45 min wo is similar to the tea company youtube wos. The one hour wo has the same exercises but it seems harder because it's longer.

These are the Tone wos. I haven't tried any of the Sculpting wos.
__________________
Disclosure: I have appeared as a cast member for several workouts. Please see my profile for details.
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 09:29 PM  
altinker
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Placerville, CA
I am interested in buying the dvd set, but I don't think I'd get consistent use out of them. I would prefer for them to be on sale. I also saw that FB post and didn't like the tone of it. It's probably just a maturity thing. The workout does look unique, but I am not sure it would work for me. I wish they sold one dvd. I don't really know how to download the youtube dvds and watch them.
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 09:42 PM  
holliholli915
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelmug View Post
It gets easier! The flexibility gains will come with consistency for sure. Today I was able to do full lotus, for the first time ever in my life. Buti's not just for opening the hips - my back was so tight when I started but now it has loosened and doing hip circles in half lotus feels much better now.
Good to know! I was surprised at how uncomfortable I was to be in the moves. How often are you doing the workouts? I plan to do them twice per week and hope I'll get results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuniga View Post
I just started the dvd rotation last Wed and my Lotus is already improving. Lost a couple of pounds already. Very happy with the results I'm getting. To me they are tough workouts! I decided to start with the Dvd's because that is what Bizzie has recommended. I find them all intermediate/advanced because some of the yoga moves require you to be pretty flexible plus the plyos. Fun workouts.
Congratulations on the great results and only in a few days! That's amazing. Are you following the rotation in the DVD set? I don't have that calendar or the DVDs. I'm going to do the online workouts to make sure I like Buti and actually get results. While I'm impressed, I am a bit skeptical.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 09:52 PM  
daisyduke
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
My son 'exercises' with me. I can't even imagine what his face would look like if I put this on. Lol. I should try it just for a laugh. He would probably be a hoot.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 07:56 AM  
azuniga
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post

Congratulations on the great results and only in a few days! That's amazing. Are you following the rotation in the DVD set? I don't have that calendar or the DVDs. I'm going to do the online workouts to make sure I like Buti and actually get results. While I'm impressed, I am a bit skeptical.
I am following the rotation that the dvd set brought. I took some weeks off during spring and summer and I just started to work out again a couple of weeks ago. Decided that the dvds were the best place I should start since I knew I'd lost my flexibility and strength, plus I didn't watch what I ate during those weeks.
__________________
My fitness blog: www.jto115.blogspot.com/
azuniga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 08:42 AM  
Travelmug
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
Good to know! I was surprised at how uncomfortable I was to be in the moves. How often are you doing the workouts? I plan to do them twice per week and hope I'll get results.
I do the workouts at least three times a week - usually three-five. Bizzie has a really nice 25 minute workout that doesn't feel as intense to me on those days I can't give my all.
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
buti, dream body, tracy anderson

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness