Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-12, 10:02 AM  
Sharaz

Looking for Pure Stretch Workout

I realize that I'm negleting streching due to laziness Also, over the years I think I need more that just a few short stretches after the workouts. I'm looking for a pure stretching workout similar to Savage with Michael O. & Leila Fazel. This one is 30 min and stretch each body part. The one from the Rushfit set is 30 min too and meets my need. I will prefer a workout with mystical/trance/drums type of music & voice over. Also, around de 30 min mark.

Recommendations are welcome. Thanks.
Old 03-31-12, 11:02 AM  
Karyn
VF Supporter

Karen Voight has an old one (think heavy eye makeup) that is called...Pure & Simple Stretch. If you can get past the dated outfits it is a great basic stretch routine.

Karyn
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 11:52 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

I am not sure if you are saying the Rushfit one is just okay, or if you really like it. I like the Rushfit one, and I have been really trying to find more stretch routines as well that are in the 10 - 30 minute range. So, I am going to recommend a couple that don't fit your voice over request, but that I like to alternate with the stretch from Rushfit. Cathe's Stretch Max - three 20 minute routines, and Tony Horton's Power Half Hour (gifted to me by a lovely VFer ). If you do his whole routine it is 30 minutes, but the first 10 minutes is a dynamic stretch and the next 20 are deeper stretches, so if I am finishing a tough workout with this I skip the first 10 minutes (it is chaptered) and do the 20 minute deep stretch. Tony's P90X Stretch is also very nice, though it is an hour long. Sometimes I do segments from that as well. Cathe's Stretch Max has one routine using no equipment, one using a resistance band and one using a stability ball - each around 20 minutes. I tend to do the no equipment one and the resistance band one.
Old 03-31-12, 12:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

The stretch segment on Karen Voight's Slim Physique is about 25 min and stretches the entire body nicely. I would also recommend Cathe's Stretch Max.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 12:40 PM  
Sharaz

Thanks for the input I will be looking to the DVD's recommended. A-bot I do like Rushfit. Something like that is ok. I prefer voiceover, but it's does matter to a degree of not wanting them. I need those stretch short routines after my intense workouts to avoid injuries and stiffness.
Old 03-31-12, 12:44 PM  
michl43

I want the rushfit stretch bonus dvd, but see they don't sell it separately on their website. If anyone wants to do a trade, PM me..
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 09:28 PM  
bfit

Tamilee Webb's stretching workout is very good. The DVD has 3 10 minute stretches and a different 30 minute one. For the 10 minute segments one is standing, one is seated, and one is on the floor. I highly recommend it.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 10:16 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I have Sahra Esmonde-White's Essentrics Flexibility Workout for Athletes, as it was recommended highly by people on this board I really like this one for pure stretching, and I usually don't enjoy stretching by itself. It is broken up into chapters, so you can do the whole DVD for a whole body stretch, or break it down into smaller chunks based on what you are trying to do that day.

You can purchase it here:
http://www.essentrics.com/store.html

ETA: It is voice over and each segment is around 20 minutes, I believe. It is very relaxing.
Old 04-01-12, 12:48 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
Karen Voight has an old one (think heavy eye makeup) that is called...Pure & Simple Stretch. If you can get past the dated outfits it is a great basic stretch routine.

Karyn
I think I may be able to past it. The music is very relaxing and her voice is nice.
Old 04-01-12, 12:52 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I have Sahra Esmonde-White's Essentrics Flexibility Workout for Athletes, as it was recommended highly by people on this board I really like this one for pure stretching, and I usually don't enjoy stretching by itself. It is broken up into chapters, so you can do the whole DVD for a whole body stretch, or break it down into smaller chunks based on what you are trying to do that day.

You can purchase it here:
http://www.essentrics.com/store.html

ETA: It is voice over and each segment is around 20 minutes, I believe. It is very relaxing.
I placed Essentrics, Cathe's and Karen Voight on my wishlist. Let's see wish one I get first. I like them all. Thanks for the recommendations