Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-10, 10:26 PM  
steakhousegirl

Shel: I think you'd be better off with the Mary Jane for around the house. I "think" it's lighter.

lindseylu8: I was bummed out because I wanted the Mary Jane and they only had 7 1/2 (I wear a 7) but I tried on the 7 1/2 and they fit perfectly.

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 01:41 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby View Post
Do you guys find these are okay for wearing around the house, cleaning, etc.? Someone at my check in said she found them to be a bit too clunky and heavy for that.
I find them kind of awkward for certain things, like unloading the dishwasher, lots of back and forth small steps, leaning over, etc. The instability that's good for my legs is more of a challenge in certain situations.

I find it awkward to stand on my tiptoes with these, but I guess that's understandable, LOL!

For standing around the kitchen, just in general, cooking, etc., I love them a lot. They're very comfortable. My feet don't seem to get tired the way they do with less supportive/comfy shoes.

I also like them as a casual, walking around shoe.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 04:34 PM  
steakhousegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I find them kind of awkward for certain things, like unloading the dishwasher, lots of back and forth small steps, leaning over, etc. The instability that's good for my legs is more of a challenge in certain situations.

I find it awkward to stand on my tiptoes with these, but I guess that's understandable, LOL!

For standing around the kitchen, just in general, cooking, etc., I love them a lot. They're very comfortable. My feet don't seem to get tired the way they do with less supportive/comfy shoes.

I also like them as a casual, walking around shoe.
Even the challenging moves can work your legs though. For instance, I was walking up and down a metal winding staircase today and I had to really balance myself. The movement worked my calves good!

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-10, 03:16 PM  
cpcathy

I just got mine on Saturday after requesting them for Christmas (DH felt funny about buying me tennis shoes). I like them! They are lightweight and the toebox fit perfect. I have problem feet from arthritis and the balls of my feet are misshapen; these shoes do not rub that part of my foot at all. Sometimes I have to take my workout shoed off right after working out because that part of my foot aches. I am glad I finally got these and look forward to wearing them for outing as well as around the house.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 08:11 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Reviving this thread...

Has anyone tried these?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I don't believe in the "toning" benefits, but they get GREAT reviews for being comfortable, cushion-y, AND helping with low-back pain, all of which sounds wonderful to me!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 08:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Interesting, I like that they don't look like moon shoes - I may stop in at Famous Footwear and see if they are in.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 10:44 AM  
pedmom

Those are super cute! I also don't buy the "toning" thing, but I have a neuroma and this type of shoe has been very beneficial in keeping the pain away. I have a pair of Avias that I bought because they were the least ugly at the time lol. I don't like the huge soles on some of them. These are really cute. thanks for sharing!
pedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 11:06 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

pedmon, thanks for reminding me to post again--I did buy them, and I received them earlier this week!

I've only worn them once so far, on Tuesday (yesterday was a yoga day ), when I did a KCM workout plus some additional cardio kickboxing. So far, I like them a lot! As I was telling my checkin buddies, you get sort of a dynamic feeling when you are wearing them; it's hard to describe, but when you walk, you almost feel as if the shoes are propelling you forward. I didn't have any trouble balancing in them, but I did notice the balance challenge when I was doing things on one leg. Because you have to engage the other leg to stabilize even more, I do think that you are engaging you glute muscles more, so who knows, maybe you ARE toning your butt!

Anyway, I plan to wear them for my workout again today. Oh, btw, they come with two pairs of laces--I got the white/lime shoes, so I put the lime green laces on.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-13-11, 08:56 AM  
pedmom

Oh I bet the green laces look great. I love little extra splashes of color.

More importantly, it sounds like you like them. How is the sizing? I rarely buy shoes online because they inevitably don't fit. I "normally" wear a 7.5 Wide. Any hints on sizing?
pedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 09:05 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pedmom, I am a pretty consistent 8 1/2, and the 8 1/2 size fit me fine. My feet are slightly wide, but I don't usually buy wide width, and I find that these have plenty of room around the toes. Most of the reviews I read said "feels true to size"; some said they sized up, but I would say to only do that if you usually do in sneakers/other shoes, and I don't.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
mbt, skechers shape-ups, sketchers shape up shoes, sketchers tone-ups, toning shoes