Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-19-05, 11:51 AM  
millie21

Yet another lurker

Okay, this is really strange. Just yesterday I was thinking "Why don't I post more often?" And my answer to myself was I don't usually have anything super interesting to add. So, all in all, I've realized I talk to myself way more than I should and feel that I have to say something interesting if I'm going to talk to someone else

Anyways, I've only been using videos to workout for about 6 months now, but have found VF such a WONDERFUL place for information, etc. When I first started working out, I bought retarded videos just because they were inexpensive, only now I never do those. So now, I'm much more patient, I try not to buy on impulse & generally only buy a video if it got a thumbs up at VF. I'm completely choreographically challenged, so I have to take that into account also. I love kickboxing, walking videos & strength training.

Well, quite a long post for someone who usually doesn't

Thanks for all the helpful info & the warm welcomes!

Millie
Old 05-19-05, 12:22 PM  
Kimberly33

I love to see everyone stopping by to say hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette
[editing to ask if you guys can see my disclosure statement. I can never see it, hence the T-Tapp trainer in my signature. ]
Lannette--I can see your disclosure statement just fine!

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul
You've got to run like an antelope, out of control. (Phish)

Can't control the kittens!
Too many whiskers. Too many whiskers
(Sleep Talkin' Man)
Kimberly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 07:51 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happykatie
Hi Abbe,
I used to tape reruns of Everybody Love Raymond and Seinfeld for the treadmill, but I think I've seen them all. I don't know what I'll do when I get through all the SATC's. I guess I'll just have to find more funny NY folks. I've tried the treadmoves and runervals, but they just don't make me laugh.

Lannette, I always thought I was a threadkiller, too. But I don't always have to get the last word in now. (Yoga has mellowed me.)

I'm trying to psych myself up to restart a P90X thing. Anybody got any motivating words? I guess I need to watch the Bring it DVD.....

Jenny
Jenny, we must be twins separated at birth---I bought a few of the Everybody Loves Raymond series DVDs, but haven't gotten to them yet. I'm actually watching some of the SITC episodes a second time through.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 08:59 PM  
Happykatie
VF Supporter

Well, No wonder I can't sing!

You got all the good vocal cords! Hey, break a leg at your concert.

Jenny
Happykatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 09:01 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happykatie
You got all the good vocal cords! Hey, break a leg at your concert.

Jenny
LOL . Thanks!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 09:52 PM  
mcn333

Hi everyone:)

I mostly lurk, and post occasionally, been around for several years. I love this site. I would have quit my job if I didn't have this wonderful distraction to relieve me a couple times a day Benemma, thanks for starting this thread!

Melissa
mcn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 10:14 PM  
shevia

Hi Helen -
Great to hear from another twin mother who nursed. I, unfortunately, am the type that does not lose weight while nursing, or at least not without great difficulty. At least that was my experience with my son and now my girls.

This is my fourth post in the last week or two. Perhaps I have graduated from lurkdom!
shevia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 10:36 PM  
rbissoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy
The stars must be aligned or something! It's a lurker convention! I've never seen so many people come out from under the step before. Great job Krista!

So here's the thing: if you never post you're just a lurker; if you post, you're a VFer. Which would you rather be?

Most of us here are very very nice - except me and my friends. Welcome to the outside world!

Lexy
PS - For the record, I never log off because I lost my stupid password. :rolleyes:

I guess I would rather be a VFer if you put it that way! One question I do have I was just trying to quote a part of the above thread so do I just have to erase the other part I don't want in my response.
Thanks,
Rohini
rbissoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 10:46 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Rohini

You're good. Only took me 6 months to figure out how to quote. :rolleyes: So yes. Just delete the parts you don't want to quote, making sure that you don't delete the parenthesis do-flickies at the beginning and end. That's computer talk so hope it's not over your head.

Yes! Another recruit! Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do!

Lexy
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 10:55 PM  
rbissoon

Thanks Lexy. I have wanted to post for a very long time so this thread has given me the opportunity and confidence to become an active member.

Rohini
rbissoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introductions