Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-01, 08:07 AM  
Danielle*
VF Supporter

The easier tapes I keep for cardio are:
Charlene Prickett Series 18 Low Impact Aerobic tapes
Charlene Prickett Lighten Up

For yoga:
Yoga Zone Introduction to Yoga
Yoga Zone Conditioning & Stress Release

For strength, I just use my regular tapes, but with lighter weights and maybe less sets if I want to make them easier.

Danielle
Danielle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-01, 08:29 AM  
Sharon T
VF Supporter

When I'm low energy, the biggest challenge is getting started, so tapes that don't require me to set up a step or pull out a lot of weights are favorites. I like Kathy Smith's Functionally Fit Fat Burning for those days when I just can't commit to pulling out the equipment.
Sharon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-01, 11:50 AM  
Rainy L.
VF Supporter

For when I'm physically not up to working out, my top picks are:
If I am too blechy to stand up: SBHT, gotta agree with the charm of the title, "Lie down and work out."

If I'm up to being vertical, my choice is often Firm Fatblaster--but I don't do the jumping jacks--I do the arm movements, but do alternate toe points to the side. No jumping about to jar my poor wittle self--I modify to low impact for the entire tape.

I usually prefer step to hi-lo, but there are some days when lifting my foot 6 inches a too much to expect!

For when I'm mentally not up to working out:
ALC (surprise!)
Rodney Yee Yoga for Athletes (cuz then I feel like I'm being athletic, right? :rolleyes: )

Do 5 good Kegels right now!
Rainy L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-01, 11:58 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

My easy videos

KS Latin
Firm's Prime Power FB & LB; Vol 5 & Tracy's Basics video
KV Pure & Simple Stretch
Kathy Ireland's Kickboxing

The very easiest zoning out workout - walking s.l.o.o.o.w.l.y on the TM.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-01, 02:24 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

My Favorite is

Jane Fonda's Light Aerobics and Stress Reduction.
Old 06-28-02, 01:24 PM  
vron30075
VF Supporter

Leslie Sansone's WAP 1 mile is my favorite easy workout. I can't use lack of time as an excuse not to workout anymore.

I also like the Firms BBB because It really goes by fast.
vron30075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-03, 01:39 AM  
nycdiane

easy tapes

I feel almost silly admitting to this oldie: The 29-Minute Low Impact Workout with Liza Elliot. Belive it or not, it does the trick. For strength, I usually don't use tapes anymore, but I used to do Kathy Kaehler's Target & Tone for an easy workout.

nycdiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-03, 01:58 PM  
Mandy

Easy days

G-Force hi/lo tapes
Firm Cardio Sculpt Blasterl
Tae Bo live Basics
or shorter Joyce Vedral workouts with lighter weights like Nonstop or FatBUrning 1.

I get sick alot since I catch what my kids get so I have alot of days out of the year when I'm recovering from cold or flu. I like no impact type workouts when I'm recovering. Also, I've been having trouble getting motivated to workout during that time of the month...no plyos or any kind of kick from Tae Bo..thankyou. So I have to pick a different kind of workout when its that time of the month. If only the days would warm up. I so wish to get out for a nice walk without freezing. For some reason, I pick Cardio Combo by G-force.. its my sugar workout filled with visual feasts..oh my, I'm sounding like that man that introduces the Firm! LOL! I hope the G's aren't reading this. I would be so embarrased to know that they know that they are my favorite PMS workout..lol!

Mandy Lee
Old 05-30-03, 02:39 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Petra's BREATHE

Perfect for those yucky days. If I want to get my hr higher, I do all the arm movements "bigger." I love being able to do the whole thing barefoot too... makes me feel like I'm getting away with something!
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-03, 11:55 AM  
ardnas

Easy day workouts...

For my "easy day" workouts I like to do Tamilee Webb's Fit To The Hits-Motown Moves or Rock Hard Assets-both are super easy, have great music, and are FUN -and usually motivate me to do more and tougher workouts that day.
ardnas is offline   Reply With Quote