Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-17-19, 02:33 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
There have been some articles about changes they made because of “science”, like heavier weights, not lifting weight above shoulder level, things like that. But then the actual workouts never seem radically different.

But, no more weekly workout? That’s a deal killer. Way back when, they had only monthly workouts, but it cost much less. I have a lot of months left on an annual, so I hope they will quickly add some longer workouts.
I’ll highlight these points. I was excited to see they are now using “heavier” weights, but I completely agree - none of these workouts are really any different :confused. Are they still using the core sliders? I haven’t seem them mentioned in a while.

No new weekly workouts? That’s crazy. Again, bring on the longer 60 min workouts. Every time they release one most of the comments are “please, longer workouts “ and it’s always the same canned response “if you want longer workouts string two together”. Just stop, it’s not the same.

Does anyone know if you cancel a year membership, do you lose access immediately or at the end of your cycle?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 02:47 PM  
prettyinpink

I was signing in today and noticed they still sell only the 2# weights.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 03:16 PM  
lizr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I heard from CS. Here is their response:

Please know that we made these adjustments to our online platform based off feedback we received in order for us to better support your journey to be balanced in body and empowered from within.
[/I]
I couldn't roll my eyes hard enough at the whole thing. Specifically- I'm curious what feedback they could have possibly received to cause them to remove so many videos.

I'm curious about what next week's will be like. That might give us a good indication of how they plan to move forward.
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 05:31 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
There have been some articles about changes they made because of “science”, like heavier weights, not lifting weight above shoulder level, things like that. But then the actual workouts never seem radically different.
What? The bolded part, I mean, that doesn't even make sense. We lift things above shoulder level all the time in daily life. Shouldn't our workouts help us do that better? If someone has a shoulder injury, they can just cue a modification to not go above shoulder level. If you never go above shoulder level, you're missing half the range of motion of the muscles in your back!

I'm an annual subscriber because I got a deal last year during Black Friday but I'm planning to cancel because I just haven't used them much.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 09:57 PM  
lynnf

Another big problem is that they do not communicate with their subscribers. I've been a long time subscriber and I don't get why they don't tell their subscribers in advance what the changes were going to be or tell us what the new features are. As it is we just have to figure them out for ourselves. And no one knows how much new content will go up and when.

Did anyone actually hear that they are not going to have new weekly workouts?

I think there are some good parts to the web redesign -- the labeling of cardio and strength focus, rather than the bizarre "energizing" and "focusing" labels is much better, and the collections are well designed (if small). But I don't know why they didn't let one filter for cardio and strength.

But I did like the weekly plans (even if I didn't always follow them). Also I liked being able to communicate with the instructor of the week. It doesn't look like that will be the case every week, though that wasn't fully clear either.

Bottom line -- bad communication has made the problems worse!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 06:19 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
Another big problem is that they do not communicate with their subscribers. I've been a long time subscriber and I don't get why they don't tell their subscribers in advance what the changes were going to be or tell us what the new features are. As it is we just have to figure them out for ourselves. And no one knows how much new content will go up and when.

Did anyone actually hear that they are not going to have new weekly workouts?

I think there are some good parts to the web redesign -- the labeling of cardio and strength focus, rather than the bizarre "energizing" and "focusing" labels is much better, and the collections are well designed (if small). But I don't know why they didn't let one filter for cardio and strength.

But I did like the weekly plans (even if I didn't always follow them). Also I liked being able to communicate with the instructor of the week. It doesn't look like that will be the case every week, though that wasn't fully clear either.

Bottom line -- bad communication has made the problems worse!
Agree on all points!

As for new weekly workouts, they said they weren't going to adhere to a 'strict' new workout every week policy. So I took that to mean we should get a new workout most weeks, but maybe not every week. I really enjoyed getting a new one every Monday. I struggle to workout on Mondays because I have so many other things to do after the weekend, but I really like starting out the work week with exercise. Having a new one to look forward to made it easier for me to motivate on Mondays.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 07:47 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I'm really disappointed to read this. I regretted not getting the Black Friday deal last year and was waiting as patiently as I could until next month to get a yearly subscription special. I also feel patronized when fitness professionals tell me to do things their way for my own good, and have no desire to pay Barre 3's unusually high subscription rate to be treated as if I can't think for myself.

Off to email Ballet Physique to see if they're planning any Black Friday discount for their streaming services.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 08:11 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
Off to email Ballet Physique to see if they're planning any Black Friday discount for their streaming services.
Great idea! Please report back what they say. I did their free trial back in the spring, but I had already committed to barre3. I really like BP, and they have live classes!

I really wasn't that attached to many of the deleted barre3 videos, but I think what has really hacked me about this situation is that it highlights how vulnerable we are as subscribers. We pay this money for access to these sites, but we have NO CONTROL over what is on the site. We subscribe in faith that the site will deliver what we want. Usually site owners are smart enough to know that drastically reducing content is bad for business and unfair to subscribers, but I guess barre3 hasn't figured that out yet. It makes me miss good old DVDs. As long as you have a functioning player, you can do that workout for the rest of your life. Harumph!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 09:07 AM  
lynnf

The situation is particularly bad when one signs up for a long term contract. I am very happy I stuck with month to month (and I was recently offered a long term discounted price from barre3). The savings for paying for a long term aren't worth it when there is no guarantee regarding the content, especially the amount of old and new content on the site.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 10:21 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I think they are too pricey now with the limited offerings. I still think the older workouts were more fun and challenging. They should have archived a link to the older workouts for us to still enjoy with a disclaimer if they truly feel they don't represent how they are moving forward.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming