Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-19, 07:46 AM  
Becky

Oh VF is so hard on my wallet!

I put the mat in my cart and kept telling myself all week that I don't need it. But every day I would keep going back to my cart and sure enough the sale is still going on. I finally bit the bullet and bought it. I just could not pass up such a deep discount. My best friend calls it spaving, spending money to save money.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 08:21 AM  
bubbles76

Would the gorilla mat just work over carpet in a bedroom? I don't have the problem of concrete, just bad knees. My knees have been acting up lately. I do a lot of step and hi/lo and would love the extra cushioning.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 09:36 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Would the gorilla mat just work over carpet in a bedroom? I don't have the problem of concrete, just bad knees. My knees have been acting up lately. I do a lot of step and hi/lo and would love the extra cushioning.
I have the gorilla mat in our basement over Berber carpeting, and it does not shift there. There is a textured back which keeps it from moving. I have another brand mat (gxmatt) over regular pile carpeting in a small spare bedroom upstairs, and that one does shift when I do cardio. The extra cushioning really helps my knees, though. I just stop once in awhile and move the mat back in place. I had contacted the company I bought that one from to ask about use over a regular rug. They said it would move a little, which is does.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 10:32 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks Sherry! I really want to be able to enjoy some of my step and hi/lo workouts again. I can still do most of them, but there are some Cathes and (gasp!) some Christi Taylor dvds that are becoming too hard. And I can only do Amy Bento's without risers, but my knees are starting to hurt even without risers! I've started some supplements in hopes of relieving the pain, and am shoe shopping soon.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 10:35 AM  
sherry7899

I am so sorry about the knee pain! Have you had them checked by your doctor? Maybe new shoes with inserts and a cardio mat will help

Old 10-19-19, 11:55 AM  
sherry7899

Has anyone tried their mat out? I just did. I did part of a Soul Sweat dance class first. The mat seemed quite sticky at first, but it became less so after a few minutes. I then tried out some Body Combat, and it was fine. It shifted just a tiny bit, but not enough to bother me. The cushioning felt great! I'm going to try yoga on it now. I will put my yoga mat on top of it, though.

Sherry

Old 10-19-19, 12:11 PM  
manleym

Sherry, do you like one mat better than the other - Gorilla vs. Gxmat? We have hardwoods in the area where I work out (TV room) so I'm always on the lookout for a mat. Just wondering if you could tell a difference between the brands or if they are pretty simliar.
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-19, 12:38 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Sherry, do you like one mat better than the other - Gorilla vs. Gxmat? We have hardwoods in the area where I work out (TV room) so I'm always on the lookout for a mat. Just wondering if you could tell a difference between the brands or if they are pretty simliar.
I think the Gorilla mat feels slightly thicker and shifts less, so I would choose the Gorilla mat on sale .

Old 10-19-19, 01:37 PM  
Becky

My mat just came! I had to open it right away. It also came with a really nice microfiber sweat towel.

As an added bonus, the box is the most fun toy my cats have had in while.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-19, 02:00 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I think the Gorilla mat feels slightly thicker and shifts less, so I would choose the Gorilla mat on sale .
Thanks for the info Sherry! Unfortunately I missed the sale but hopefully another sale will come again. I'm going to keep watching.
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gorilla mat