Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-06-19, 05:02 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I have wavy, thick, coarse hair. I love my curl so I do not want to straighten it. I think I have too much volume... Nobody knows how to cut my hair.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 03:00 PM  
sherry7899

I finally did get it cut. It came out really well. He had to cut off more length than I like because the last cut from another stylist was REALLY uneven in the back. My hair grows fast, though. It's nice to have my curls back (my hair gets less curly when it is too long).

He showed me a bunch of washing/conditioning/styling techniques that I will likely not remember I need those kinds of things written down, but I think I remember enough to help with doing my hair. I am not gifted in that area.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 04:38 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I finally did get it cut. It came out really well. He had to cut off more length than I like because the last cut from another stylist was REALLY uneven in the back. My hair grows fast, though. It's nice to have my curls back (my hair gets less curly when it is too long).

He showed me a bunch of washing/conditioning/styling techniques that I will likely not remember I need those kinds of things written down, but I think I remember enough to help with doing my hair. I am not gifted in that area.
awesome - take a picture for yourself just in case another stylist needs to pinch hit. although I hope your current stylist stays put!!!

with the techniques, if you remember just 1 of them, that's good. it's like an educational session.

glad all went well.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 07:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy to hear it came out great. You only go about once a year, why not make it the best once a year haircut you can get.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 08:15 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

That's great, Sherry! You are worth good hair!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 09:33 AM  
sherry7899

Thank you! I still need to cover the gray, but that will have to wait. I can't do it at home because home dye makes my face break out.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote