Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-19, 08:15 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I eat my words

I have never been a fan of Leslie Sansone, starting with her "wok, wok, wok" and ending with her laugh. I found her workouts easy, boring and repetitive. Total package never worked for me. Until now.

Couple of days ago I found 2 of her DVDs at Half Price Books on clearance for $2 each: Fast 4 Miles and HIIT Party Songs. I did Party Songs DVD in its entirety on Sunday and today I did 4 Fast Miles + Jog workout included in the package and I was VERY pleasanty surprised how fast the time flew and how much I enjoyed both DVDs. The intensity, particularly in F4M was just right for me now. I still don't much care for Leslie's exuberance, but I can overlook it if I like the workouts and both DVDs have music only option.

This morning I'm off to 2 other Half Price Books in the area to see if I can find any more Leslies.
Old 05-21-19, 08:20 AM  
bubbles76

Yes, many years ago I had to eat my words about walking workouts, Leslie in particular. Thought they were too easy. They are just right for mornings when I don't want to think too hard or it's too hot in my workout room. I don't own many Leslies, but the ones I have I like (like Walk to the Hits)!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 08:38 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Yes, I totally appreciate Leslie. She seems like a very sweet person who really cares about people and wants to make exercise accessible for everyone. I do think her workouts tend to be easy, boring and repetitive, but sometimes, that's what you need! I discovered Leslie here on VF during my first pregnancy. It was tough and I was so blown away by how it affected my body in every way possible. Leslie was my go-to nearly every day. I haven't done one of her videos in a while, but I like having them around. Sometimes they're just right.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 08:56 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Sometimes they're just right.
Agreed! Some days you just aren't up for a tough workout or anything too complex but want to do something. Leslie fits the bill and I always feel better after one of her workouts. I find them invigorating.
Old 05-21-19, 09:21 AM  
leigh1673

is the 4 Fast Miles the one with the James Brown doll at the end? If so, I agree--although she's kind of annoying in that one, it's a really good workout.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 09:42 AM  
marki64

For awhile I was getting Leslie dvds from our library and doing a lunchtime workout at work. Everyone loved them. Not really my type of workout, but people liked her energy and music.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 10:27 AM  
kat999

Nowadays, I mute Leslie and listen to podcasts, but the visual of keeping the pace is important to me, and I appreciate that I don't have to invent my own order of moves and stuff. Indoor walking to a video is easier and cheaper than buying a treadmill, and it helps me get through days and seasons when it's impossible to walk or jog outside. When she has a walking only segment, I usually run instead, and that helps keep the calorie burn going.

I've noticed that when compared to YouTube in-home walking videos, Leslie's "miles" are closer to accurate in terms of effort, and she includes more step variety, which I appreciate. A lot of her cuing is very visual, too, so she really can be muted if you don't want to hear her chatter.
Old 05-21-19, 01:13 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Can someone please list some of their favorite Leslies? I didn't make it to HPB today but they're having 20% off this weekend and I'm planning to visit all 3 stores in my area.

Leigh1673, yes, 4 Fast Miles is the one with James Brown doll at the end and Leslie goes over the top here, but next time, I'll play music only because the workout is good.
Old 05-21-19, 01:16 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Can someone please list some of their favorite Leslies? I didn't make it to HPB today but they're having 20% off this weekend and I'm planning to visit all 3 stores in my area.

Leigh1673, yes, 4 Fast Miles is the one with James Brown doll at the end and Leslie goes over the top but next time, I'll play music only because the workout is good.
I liked the three mile weight loss walk because Mary Kay leads one mile. Hopefully you can find it used. I also like her old "two mile Walkaerobics " because she had better music and more of a variety of moves .

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 01:26 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I have never been a fan of Leslie Sansone, starting with her "wok, wok, wok" and ending with her laugh. I found her workouts easy, boring and repetitive. Total package never worked for me. Until now.

This morning I'm off to 2 other Half Price Books in the area to see if I can find any more Leslies.
I've never done any Leslie's workouts either for the same reason, but see alot of them at HPB. Great finds! I love HPB and am fortunate to live within 30 miles of 6-7 of them, which I frequent often. I'll have to consider giving her workouts a shot. Thanks for the info!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone