Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-03-18, 06:17 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

I tried the other new workouts today: Sculpt Rx WO2 and Stepboxing 2 WO2.

The Sculpt Rx workout was different, creative & fun. I used only 2 lb weights as I'm having some low back soreness the last couple days, but I can see going up to 3's or 5's eventually. I modified a lot of her floor work (push ups & Abs), but I usually do that.

The Stepboxing 2 workout will be a fun 20-minute add-on for me! I did it on the floor without the cardio drills.

As I said in my earlier post, I wasn't bothered by the music at all--actually enjoyed it for the most part.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 07:09 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Thanks for the breakdown! I was doing it at 5 am too! Just need more energizing music at that time of the morning for me to stay focused...
Yeah, I found the music a bit annoying for morning.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 07:33 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Did Workout 1 and the Cardio Core & Floor Finishers premix from SculptingRx today for a ~45-50 min routine. Very good stuff! I could lift pretty heavy in Workout 1 because there's 10 reps per set and supersetting means you get some recovery time. My triceps were really fried so I skipped the last set of pulsing dips (because supersetting push ups and dips means that's the only segment where something couldn't recover before it got hit again!) The music was okay, maybe one song was not great, the rest was pretty forgettable. Looking forward to doing this again
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-18, 05:01 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
... so I skipped the last set of pulsing dips (because supersetting push ups and dips means that's the only segment where something couldn't recover before it got hit again!)
. Me too! I was *done* at that point.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-18, 02:05 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
. Me too! I was *done* at that point.
Glad I'm not the only one. I was feeling wimpy My triceps are definitely feeling it today.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 12:16 PM  
Shelbygirl

I am thoroughly enjoying these new KCM workouts so far, but good gravy, the music (in my opinion) is just awful! I don't normally ever consider subbing in my own music, but I might for these (especially for the weight workouts).

I also would have liked to know what weights Kelly used in weight workout #1. I started with 8s, 10s and 12s, but they were too light so I bumped up to 10s, 12s and 15s and that worked out much better.

Despite the music, these are keepers for me.

Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 08:07 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I finally did the Sculpting RX workout 2 yesterday. It's my favorite of the workouts since it moves quickly, new exercises, and not much repeating. I didn't hate the music as much in this one as the others..
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-18, 08:50 PM  
CharM

just an fyi, these are on sale as a two pack at Collage for $31.99 https://www.collagevideo.com/product...meyer-hot-pack use code BFCM15 for an extra 15% off = $27.20

I didn't buy them, some of these reviews talked me out of it. thanks!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 09:01 AM  
buffmama

Mary has Stepboxing listed as int-adv and Stepboxing 2 listed as int. Would everyone concur? And which do you prefer?
Old 02-09-19, 12:42 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Mary has Stepboxing listed as int-adv and Stepboxing 2 listed as int. Would everyone concur? And which do you prefer?
Yes, I agree with that rating. I prefer Stepboxing because it’s faster paced and more fun with the choreography. I think Kelly May have been wanting to make Stepboxing 2 appeal to the non steppers as well as the steppers but it’s not as fun for me. I wish Kelly would make a more challenging version, even increasing the length to 45 minutes (or add a calorie crush like Cathe). One can hope!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kcm sale, kelly coffey-meyer, music off option, sculpting rx, step boxing 2