Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-18, 12:31 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I've been using a stool/step for my torso while doing lower body floorwork *forever* since I got the tip from Margaret Richard's Getting Better. It really helps me focus on the glutes and hamstrings without wearing out my wrists, shoulders and core (especially since I tend to do lower body and upper body splits since I typically only have 30-35 mins for strength training in a given day... and I do enough yoga and try to keep my core braced in all my workouts so abs-specific routines are a nice add-on but otherwise secondary/an afterthought).
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-18, 05:15 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Hi Tiffany, isn't it funny I've only been using a stool for my torso when the instructor uses one (which is only in a few videos I have) even though it's so much easier on my wrists and shoulders. Habit, I guess.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-18, 06:40 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Sherry ~ I can't count the number of posts I've made through out the years, talking about giving up my Firms and trying to move due to some of the exercises. Only to find myself desperate to get them back. Modifying was like conceding defeat or giving in, in my mind years ago. Then I wised up and realized that if I wanted to continue using my Firms/Fitprimes, I needed to make them work for ME. Changing how I use them is ok, right, and benefits my body, regardless how others choose and can use them.

I'm still on the Firm bandwagon after all these years, ... the wagon just moves a bit slower now.
Tina, I can really relate to what you are saying. I used to hate modifying my workouts. I especially didn't want to give up tall box climb, on the 14 in box. Now I am happy and grateful that I can still do it even if it is on the 8 in portion. No shame in modifying at all. Why give up the workouts you love when a few modifications can make all the difference in the world? At least, this is what I tell myself
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-18, 06:53 AM  
Carol K

I'm 5'1" and I could never do leg press on the 14" without a dowel. Yes, I know Emily can, but I just can't. I used to be able to do the fast tall box climbs on the 12" step, but I had to give that up several years ago and just use the 8".
Old 08-31-18, 07:46 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
BeMax workouts are on the FitFusion web site and a subscription gives you access to all the workouts, not just BeMax. I keep encouraging my husband to try some of the workouts led by men, but so far no luck.
I've been out of the loop with the BeMax workouts so I checked out the FitFusion site. I was shocked to see how thin Allie looks! But the FitFusion site looks good with LOTS of variety!
Old 09-03-18, 09:45 PM  
Jeanette

Love this discussion. I still have all of my FIRMs too. I did Volume 3 a couple weeks ago. Now that I'm 44, I don't feel bad about modifying any workout, especially ones like these. Haha. It's still a great workout for me even with modifications.
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 09:57 PM  
TinaT

I kind of think that I'm enjoying them more with the modifications. I'm not so taxed out later in the day or want to nap. And I'm still seeing results.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-18, 05:44 AM  
Carol K

Volume 2 was my Labor Day workout. My modification for that one is that I ignore the direction to pick up heavy weights during the cardio half and just use light and medium weights until the cardio is over.
Old 09-04-18, 07:32 AM  
TinaT

Carol K ~ I do the same thing. I use whatever weight that works for me regardless if the instructor calls for heavy. Another great modification.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-18, 07:34 AM  
Carol K

Also, I don't take off my shoes for the floor work and I only use one set of ankle weights.

Tags
firm volume 2, modifications, the firm