Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Leslie Sansone: By herself or with a group?
I prefer Leslie with background exercisers. 40 47.62%
I prefer Leslie by herself. 16 19.05%
I don't mind either way. 28 33.33%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-18, 09:40 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Absolutely cannot stand Leslie in a group setting. The only way I can do her workouts is when she is by herself. She is way less manic.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 08:04 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

There are workouts of hers that I like from both settings. It just depends on the workout itself for me.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 08:28 AM  
Demeris

She doesn't get freaky-wild when she's alone.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 10:20 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I prefer the more mellow solo Leslie, but if I do a group workout, I usually turn down the volume and put on my own music. The workouts are pretty easy to follow without cueing I can tolerate the group workouts in the "Express" series (I think - brick wall background?)
Old 08-11-18, 10:59 AM  
kat999

I go back and forth, and probably it depends on my own mood, but I've been muting her audio lately and listening to podcasts because I have done every one of hers so many times that I have the banter memorized. When she's by herself, she is indeed more professional, and sometimes that is an absolute must.

I do find that on some of the newer, longer ones, when there is a mile where it's just her plus like two demonstrators/modifiers (who aren't her "regulars" but look a little more fit and stay quieter), I don't mind that. Usually those are segments with weights/bands, too, and I like those segments a lot.

I just did a three-miler of hers with a group this morning on mute but I could STILL quote all the banter in my head as it happened.
Old 08-11-18, 12:15 PM  
Non-Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I prefer the more mellow solo Leslie, but if I do a group workout, I usually turn down the volume and put on my own music. The workouts are pretty easy to follow without cueing I can tolerate the group workouts in the "Express" series (I think - brick wall background?)
I do this sometimes too, even with her solo workouts. Her music choice sometimes isn't the greatest.

Linda
Non-Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 02:40 PM  
Eibhinn

It's a mixed bag for me.

Generally, I prefer her in a group. This is especially true in longer walks, when I get bored when there is only one person to look at. This is particularly true in her dark, "bat cave" set where there is literally nothing to look at but Leslie.

But I also agree that she's generally way less hyper when she's alone. I can handle a certain amount of Leslie hyperactivity, but she sometimes crosses the line to the point where she seems to have completely lost control and become manic, and I simply cannot handle that whether she's alone or with others.

So my preference is a calm-ish Leslie with a group.
And I'm equally happy with a calm-ish Leslie alone or a hyper Leslie with a group.
And I get rid of any Leslie where she crosses the line and becomes completely manic, regardless of whether she's alone or not.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 04:30 PM  
Sara1000

I voted with a group but really should have said it doesn't matter. I like her either way. One bad thing about the group option is sometimes there is one person in the group that really annoys me. So much that I have gotten rid of workouts just because of it. Different people in different workouts, not the same one over and over
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 04:43 PM  
horsemom2

I prefer the Walk 15s with Nadyia, Kamilah and Rocky LOL

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 02:50 AM  
Negin

By herself.
I'm so tired of her repetitive chatter with groups. I seldom do those anymore.

Tags
evening mile, leslie alone, leslie bootcamp, leslie sansone