Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-18, 04:42 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Peroneal Tendonitis - anyone had it?

I think I gave myself tendonitis running around in sandals this weekend much more than I normally do. Has anyone had this and did it heal well or quickly? Any advice?

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Sassy; 05-31-18 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Typo
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-18, 05:52 AM  
desie

I would suggest check your lower legs for muscle knots and patiently press them out.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-18, 07:21 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I've had a case of this for over a year. I've seen the ortho and done physical therapy - and it's still a problem. Some days it's worse than others. I wish I could say it cleared right up with rest and treatment, but it hasn't.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-18, 08:27 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I had this about 6 years ago and went to a podiatrist who gave me a cortisone shot and told me to wear shoes or sneakers with good support, not sandals or barefoot. I don't remember how long it took to go away but I've been fine ever since.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-18, 10:51 AM  
hourglass

I’m just getting over a bad case of this (at least I hope I am)… it started in Feburary after a bad fall (I broke my wrist) and now I’m almost normal. I started with icing my ankle daily for a couple of weeks, stretching the ankle/calf/IT band, and rolling with Jill Miller’s YTU balls using segments of her Massage Therapy kit. I rolled all the way from the glutes, down to the IT band, calf, and ankle daily for about a month. Then I just did the calf and ankle for a few weeks, then, frankly, all I did was stretch it. I also wore a neoprene ankle brace sometimes during the first couple of months. I had to give up my daily walks, and any exercise routine that involved the ankle. Since I was dealing with the wrist, too, I started doing mat pilates – which turned out to be great for my back! In the last month I’ve slowly gotten back to my walks, Classical Stretch, some Margaret, and just about anything else I used to do. I get tiny twinges once in a while if I overdo, but I stretch it and it seems fine.
I hope that helps!

Joan
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-18, 08:47 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Thanks for the advice. It's feeling MUCH better today. I hope that's not just a fluke. Last night I could barely move my leg. Today, it almost doesn't hurt at all.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 01:12 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have struggled with this and it has caused my knee to hurt. See if you can do some of the Essentrics feet work and work on plantar flexion and extension.

A podiatrist is a good idea if you continue to have issues.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote