Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-17, 08:54 PM  
MsThistlebottom

FWIW, I've ordered two Fit in 10 sets from Rodale (the original one and the belly one) and have had no shipping issues. It does take a long time, though, since they use USPS 4th class.

I'm off to order the Suzanne DVD and may add the yoga one too. These will be perfect after I finish my Powerfit rotation. I may steal your idea, Donna, and alternate barre with yoga!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-17, 08:56 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
I have the Flat Belly Yoga DVD. Got it last year. Am totally in love with the Express pre-mix. No Sun Sals. Uses weights. The instructor's artistic vision is to avoid the woo-woo aspect of yoga.
How long is the Express Pre-Mix?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-17, 11:18 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Someone just posted on Facebook that they received their DVD and it contained 3 workouts, each just shy of 30 minutes long.

Carol
Funny, I had just decided to order this DVD, regardless of length. I'd made up my mind to support Suzanne's venture and use this with Sadie Lincoln's Prevention set and other 30 minute programs.

Knowing that they *are* 30 mins each makes it even better.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-17, 11:29 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Re: Kimberly Fowler, I just remembered I have her original Yoga + Weights 30 minute DVD, though I haven't tried it yet.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 05:07 AM  
donnamp

ooh - can someone please post the Barre Amped rotation that Suzanne creates? I'm not on FB so I miss a lot of these things!

Joan - I almost bought the Fit in 10 add on and another, they were trying to sell me, but I cut myself off at the yoga one!

Cynthia - I'm glad it is a good DVD.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 08:51 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
ooh - can someone please post the Barre Amped rotation that Suzanne creates? I'm not on FB so I miss a lot of these things!

Joan - I almost bought the Fit in 10 add on and another, they were trying to sell me, but I cut myself off at the yoga one!

Donna
I will post it once I see it. It was almost a month ago that Suzanne said she was working on a rotation that incorporated the box set BarreAmped DVDs. She's been very quiet on social media, but she did say this week that she was getting ready to film more streaming workouts. There haven't been a lot in the last few months.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 10:46 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

Donna
I'm not on FB either, so I appreciate your offer to post, Carol.

Donna, not to enable you or anything, but I am really enjoying the Fit in 10 workouts. They are great add-ons!

Cynthia, I'm glad you mentioned the yoga DVD too.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 11:29 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
How long is the Express Pre-Mix?

Carol
20 minutes
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 12:01 PM  
Lilypad

I received my DVD yesterday and I was able to preview all 3 workouts. Ok so on the back of the DVD case there's a rotation on how to use the workouts. It has you doing the workouts 3x a week. The 1st week you do the 1st WO which is Classic Barre 3x a week. The 2nd week you do the 2nd WO which is Total Body Barre 3x a week and then the 3rd week the 3rd WO called Blast ? 3x a week. Then after you mix and match the WO's still 3x a week.
I'm really happy I purchased this DVD and for 20 bucks you get 3 Barre WO's for under 30 minutes each. These workouts to me would be intermediate level but there are 2 modifiers. One is doing beginner moves and the other one does advanced. So you could definitely work if you wanted to. The first 2 WO's use light hand weights. The 3rd WO I think it's called total body blast ? is more cardio based and definitely has the BARREAMPED boot camp feel to it. All the WOs are similar to the BA series but I did see some new moves. She does the pretzel move in the 2nd WO which I don't like toO much BUT it goes by fast. A little bit of plank stuff. Things that stuck out:
The menu has a music on/off option but the music was so low I couldn't even hear it at all.
Each workout ends with a wonder stretch (abt 4-5 min) which I love love love.
On the bottom of the screen right hand side tells you which move is coming up and it has this countdown equalizer line that tells you when your almost done with that move. It won't make sense reading it but when you see it you'll understand. Loved that too.
All in all really happy with this purchase
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 01:34 PM  
amery

Thanks for the review! Mine says it will be delivered today. I can't wait!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, fit in 10, flat belly barre, flat belly yoga, kimberly fowler, prevention, suzanne bowen