Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-16, 06:53 AM  
Demeris
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post

I also like Vionic, though I think they were a little better when they were Orthaheel. They are still good and their shoes offer great arch support.
Because I live in the middle of nowhere, I buy most of my shoes online. I have been hesitant about Vionic, even though they pique my interest, because some of the reviews I've read on QVC and Zappos suggest they don't accommodate a wide foot.

You haven't said whether or not your feet are wide, but I'd love to read your feedback, anyway.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 07:24 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Because I live in the middle of nowhere, I buy most of my shoes online. I have been hesitant about Vionic, even though they pique my interest, because some of the reviews I've read on QVC and Zappos suggest they don't accommodate a wide foot.

You haven't said whether or not your feet are wide, but I'd love to read your feedback, anyway.
Hi Demeris -

I don't have wide feet I am afraid. I think that some of Vionics shoes are offered in wide widths but not all unfortunately. I would check their website and see if there are any that interest you. Zappos carries a lot of Vionic as well.

I have a few pairs of Vionic and several pairs of Orthaheel. I do think that Vionic is comparable to Orthaheel but Orthaheel was just a teeny bit better. I have two pairs of the Tide sandal in the Orthaheel brand and one Tide in the Vionic brand. They are pretty similar but the arch support may be a tad better in the Orthaheel. So subtle changes that were made when the brand changed names.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Vionic, even if Orthaheel was a little better. They are still a good shoe. When I first discovered my achilles problems, Orthaheel was the brand recommended by my orthopedic doctor. The link to the website is below if you want to check out which ones are available in wide. To the left of the page you can choose wide width and it might filter for you.

http://www.vionicshoes.com/

Hope that helps a little.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 11:32 AM  
DonnaMarie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sonoma County Wine Country
Feet & Shoes

I have size 5 D (stands for duck) feet. I now shop exclusively through Zappos. Return is free along with a printable return label. When I have to wear a dress, I wear David Tate (?) low heels. Zappos has an incredible selection of shoes in most styles. Also, their reviews are pretty right on by my experience. Love the company (maybe a little too much).
__________________
Donna
72 years old.... Great Grandmother x2
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 12:28 PM  
killoffsonny
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Houston
I have a pair of vionics. I don't have wide feet. But I think they'd have a more difficult time accommodating narrow feet. I have a pair of open toe open heel sandals and they are adjustable.
__________________
Becky
killoffsonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 12:55 PM  
Aunt Famous
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: the Sunny South
Fly London

Comfortable and stylish. Love the brand.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 01:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter
 
yogapam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West coast of Canada, eh. ;)
I have these Vionic sandals, they are very comfy and work with a dress. Not sure if they would work for wide feet although they do have adjustable straps.
__________________
*~*Pam*~*

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 2 - September 2018

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"Its not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently. - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 04:08 PM  
Demeris
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Hi Demeris -

I don't have wide feet I am afraid. I think that some of Vionics shoes are offered in wide widths but not all unfortunately. I would check their website and see if there are any that interest you. Zappos carries a lot of Vionic as well.

I have a few pairs of Vionic and several pairs of Orthaheel. I do think that Vionic is comparable to Orthaheel but Orthaheel was just a teeny bit better. I have two pairs of the Tide sandal in the Orthaheel brand and one Tide in the Vionic brand. They are pretty similar but the arch support may be a tad better in the Orthaheel. So subtle changes that were made when the brand changed names.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Vionic, even if Orthaheel was a little better. They are still a good shoe. When I first discovered my achilles problems, Orthaheel was the brand recommended by my orthopedic doctor. The link to the website is below if you want to check out which ones are available in wide. To the left of the page you can choose wide width and it might filter for you.

http://www.vionicshoes.com/

Hope that helps a little.
Thank you
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 03:39 PM  
leigh1673
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
I love all things Merrell.

I also really like Clarks. Their wedge-heeled sandals are more comfortable than most flats that I own.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 11:01 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter
 
Karen Beckwith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
I love all things Merrell.

I also really like Clarks. Their wedge-heeled sandals are more comfortable than most flats that I own.
I really like Merrell and Clark's too. And Alegria and Dansko....
__________________
Breast Cancer Survivor

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 03:27 AM  
Negin
VF Supporter
 
Negin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Thank you all again so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Another fan of Dansko, I have more Danskos than any other shoe brand
Clarks is a good brand, I have been hit or miss with them but have a pair of wedges I really like plus a couple pair of heels for special occasions.
Cobb Hill is another brand that I recently discovered and like quite well, they are my go to brand for flats.
These are all brands that I love . Like you, I have more Danskos than any other shoes. Love Clarks wedges. Cobb Hill is a new one for me and I'm loving their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
I also really like Clarks. Their wedge-heeled sandals are more comfortable than most flats that I own.
I agree!
__________________
"Always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine." - Lord Byron
Negin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comfortable shoes, shoes, traveling shoes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness