Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-28-15, 02:45 PM  
PrairieGem

Thumbs up I found my KCM weight workout!!

I haven't been around the boards for ages, since my 'rotation' the last several months has been walking and running when I get a chance. But last week one day I had the abrupt, visceral NEED for a new workout DVD, and it needed to be Kelly, and it had to be weights--NEVER MIND that I have at least 10 of her DVDs, and I don't like the weight work on any of them! On a total whim, I ordered Cardio Pump... and it's the weights workout I've been looking for!

Basic, old-school moves, whole body, a good steady pace with a logical progression, and just the right amount of reps. She alternates upper and lower body moves--three minutes on each body part, three different (totally recognizable, "gym style") moves, and you use a progressively smaller weight for each move. Frex, for the butt you do deadlifts with heavy weights, then sumo squats with medium weights, then reverse lunges with lights. (She calls it pyramid training, but it's not the pyramid training I'm familiar with from Body for Life and Cathe, where you do the same move, but lower your weights and increase your reps.) Since it was a new workout for me, I used the same weight throughout, and it would be really simple to just pick your own weights OR follow the pyramid format.

The only teeny tiny sticking point is that three minutes is a LOT of biceps work, and I have tendonitis in my shoulder. I need to figure out an alternate move, do some cardio, or just skip that section. I realized at the very end that it seems to be chaptered by body part, so I might be able to just skip right ahead.

I'm sure y'all went over and over this one when it came out, but I am psyched! I really like Kelly but haven't found a favorite intermediate workout from her yet (although I the cardio and warmup from Start Here). Now I'm looking forward to trying the cardio segment, too; I've never done any of her boxing workouts, but I know you guys love 'em.
Old 12-28-15, 06:28 PM  
bubbles76

Very happy for you! This one sounds great Her boxing looks really good from the clips I've seen.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 06:40 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I love the cardio boxing workout on Cardio Pump!! Like REALLY love it. I know some people rave about TLC and I like that one too, but for some reason I really clicked with the boxing workout on CP. I have yet to try the weight workout on that disc though!
Old 12-28-15, 07:38 PM  
Sissy B

After reading the posts above and Laura S.'s review in the review section I decided to order this. It will be my first KCM DVD. I love boxing and strength training and the clips looks fun.

PrairieGem - I have neck and shoulder issues so when I use Sean O'Malley's Cardio PUMP workout I only do one set of the shoulder exercises. I'll modify this one as necessary too.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 08:59 PM  
Breezy Trousers

I really want this workout solely for the old-school weight training workout. (If I like the rest, that's a bonus.) So thanks for posting. It's more confirmation that I need to hurry up & get it!
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 09:32 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

I bought this from Amazon for $11.99. I haven't done any of the workouts yet since ICE. I previewed the weight workout. I should try to work this in soon.

ETA - I did the Cardio Boxing today - 12/29/15 - and I liked it - which surprised me since I'm not into her boxing workouts.

I also got Muscle UP Lift 2B Fit for $11.89 and I really like this one also.

KCM is hit and miss with me. I'm happy with the ones I have

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 09:50 PM  
dela

If you end up liking the cardio part, try the pre-mix that alternates the boxing segments with the weights, it's a GREAT workout.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 10:29 PM  
jennstar

I've had this in my Amazon cart for a few days...thank you enabler, I finally ordered. I love the idea of this type of quick full body workout.
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 10:35 AM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by weener View Post
I bought this from Amazon for $11.99. I haven't done any of the workouts yet since ICE. I previewed the weight workout. I should try to work this in soon.
That's why I ordered it! From the description, it actually wasn't the most appealing. I actually wanted Lean Body Circuits, but given my history with Kelly, I decided a $20 DVD was not a good investment.

Of course, now I see that Slim Sculpting is also only $12...
Old 12-29-15, 12:43 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Don't forget KCM's upcoming sale on January 1 when all (or most) of her DVD's are $10.00. I think there's a post about it in the Bargain section.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio pump, kcm, kcm cardio pump, kcm weights, kelly coffey-meyer, momentum, muscle up, pyramid, weights