Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-11, 12:27 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Dailey Method DVD (barre!)

This new DVD was mentioned on the Bar Method Super Sculpting thread but I thought it deserved its own thread

The Dailey Method is a barre technique with a strong reputation for intensity and originality. Here is their web site: http://www.thedaileymethod.com/

VFer Valerie B. is lucky enough to take live classes at DM and she got her hands on the new DVD. Here is what she already wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie B. View Post
The Dailey Method is in a similar vein of Core Fusion, Lotte Berk, Bar Method etc (I have done all of the above as live classes). They are all excellent classes so just a matter of degrees but I like the DM best as they seem to have a broader repetoire of moves and the classes are more difficult. They also are constantly focusing on 'evolving' the method in order to ensure that there are no contraindicated exercises and that the classes are balanced (front / back sides of body, no all c-curve abs, etc). My background is a pilates instructor so I really like how they are sensitive to making sure everything is safe as well as effective.

And I have never seen my body changes as quickly and I have taught fitness for over 20 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie B. View Post
Would do the dvd, but just came back from hardest bar class I have ever taken...I am still shaking!

So I am previewing and it looks AWESOME and just like a real class. Exact same sequencing and types of moves. Cant tell yet if as hard as a real class but she doesnt take many breaks so guessing it is pretty close. Music is lame as with most bar dvds- other than P57.

I asked the studio if people could call and have the studio send the dvd and they said "we could probably figure something out". Not inspiring confidence but good luck. Since the instructors didnt even know the DVD was coming in today (fyi, there were only about 10 copies), I didnt even ask them how this was going to be mass marketed (if that is the plan). I'll see what else I can find out next time I go in.

DVD is $25 and has two workouts on it- an hour class and an express workout (guessing 30 min).

Sorry I am too tired to do the dvd to let you know the intensity...promise to do it as soon as I can!

Valerie

Hopefully Valerie will tell us more after she tries the workout...

Who's excited?
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 12:31 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

I'm excited! I came here to start a new Dailey Method thread and here's fuzzie with the same idea! I don't want to miss when the dvds are released.

I called the Naperville IL studio and they had "heard" about a dvd but don't know anything. Also called Cow Hollow and they don't know either. Obviously, VF is the place to be for new info.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 01:07 PM  
desertMermaid

Looking forward to learning more about this DVD.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 01:16 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Is the format DVD-r?
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 01:49 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

The dvd is not mentioned on their website. I live within reasonable distance to their Naperville, IL studio, but since Lexy had already called them and they don't know much about this dvd, then I may just have to wait to satisfy my curiosity.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 02:12 PM  
moonbeam31

how can we get the DVD?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 02:25 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Apparently it won't be generally available for a few weeks, and even then we don't know if it will only be available through their website or ...? Amazon, maybe?

I believe some (all?) locations are starting to carry them already. Their website gives you their locations. http://www.thedaileymethod.com/home.html
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 02:27 PM  
momofcha

I live near Naperville as well. Occasionally they have the Sat morning class at lululemon as well. I wonder if it will be offered through them as well?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 06:18 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I just called my local Los Gatos studio, and the woman I spoke to knew all about them, knew that some studios have some but most do not, but she didn't know why that was the case. She said she knows they are going to be in high demand, so she's going to ask the owner if that woman knows anything, and basically told me to check back in about a week. FWIW!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 06:22 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Cow Hollow (I could have made up that name but it's supposed to be the original studio, I think) said to call back tomorrow and she might know something more then. I'll be traveling tomorrow and won't be able to call but "somebody" could.

And remember, someone on the other thread already went to the studio and bought one so they DO exist at some studios.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, dailey method