Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-10, 10:27 PM  
bfit

Does anyone else not like Peak 10 cardio workut?

I realized today after doing it for the third time that I don't like the Peak 10 cardio workout. I feel sort of bad about it because many people seem to love this workout, but I just can't get into it even though I am not usually terribly picky about workouts. The music and the yelling and whole crowded scene is not relaxing, and I find myself watching the clock and counting the number of "peaks" left. Also, there is so much high impact, and it seems like the main way the workout gets your heart rate up is with impact. If I don't want to do all of the high impact moves my heart rate goes down even though I try to modify. Am I alone in not liking this workout? By the way, I also have the Peak 10 workout with weights, and it's OK for me - not great but good enough.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 10:40 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I've done it once, and I thought I liked it pretty well, but I must confess that I pulled it out to do one day last week and when she started bouncing immediately in the warm-up, I Joni-O'ed it -- just couldn't handle the immediate high impact stuff at 4:45am that day...... I do want to try it again though, because my memory was that I liked it.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 11:20 PM  
DirtDiva

I heard about this workout and previewed the clip on line and went *not*. The voice, music and everything else collided with me.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 12:32 AM  
fitmommie

I will be trying this one for the first after I take my kids to school this morning. I hope I can modify some of the high impact moves.

"Live each moment like it's the last moment in your life."
- Jim MacLaren
fitmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 02:17 AM  
Susanq

I wasn't too mad on it either and ended up trading the two Peak 10 workouts. I just found it a little dull to do and I felt the cardio dvd would never end, I didn't find it to be as challenging as a Cathe dvd. I did like Michelle's workouts in the past so maybe I will like her future Peak 10 workouts.
Susanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 05:29 AM  
bearcatfan

I didn't care for them and traded them. They were *okay* but there wasn't anything there that would make me do them a second time.
Old 12-09-10, 05:46 AM  
Diana3271

I like the workout in general. The issue I have with them is the impact in the peak. In order to keep my heart rate up I have to do more impact. It frustrates me because I can keep my heart rate up with Turbo Fire. I follow the modifier and I don't get the impact. I really wish Michelle had a lower impact modifier that still did higher intensity.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 05:53 AM  
PhyllisG

[QUOTE=DirtDiva;1683847]I heard about this workout and previewed the clip on line and went *not*. The voice, music and everything else collided with me.[/QUOTE

ITA! Not for me at all.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 08:08 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Love Michelle, but not the high impact I watched the clips and realized I wouldn't do them much and passed...
Old 12-09-10, 08:31 AM  
Conni

I like Michelle, and I did the Cardio Strength workout once. I thought " I really want to like this, but there is too much jumping...maybe I could do it with the impact peaks on my rebounder."
I did it again recently with my rebounder and liked it sooo much more.

If you have a rebounder, I would suggest giving it a whirl...!

Tags
michelle dozois, peak 10