Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-21-10, 02:07 PM  
PhyllisG

Barre3 from site or exercise tv store?

I am really feeling like getting this. I tried trading for it with no response. My question is about the fitball. It comes with the DVD from their site plus shipping. How big is this ball? I have a playground ball I use with P57. Would that work or should I get the DVD and the ball from Barre3. The exercisetv store has it back in stock and you can use a coupon code save10 that makes it 16.99 plus shipping of about 3.00. Any advice?
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 02:21 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I got mine from Exercise TV and use a $1 playball from the supermarket. It's a 25" circumference but I've had it for a while so it's deflated some (originally a little bigger) & squishier. Works perfectly.

ETA - you do need a little squish - it can't be a hard ball.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 02:32 PM  
shortie

It's smaller than a playground ball, and as Lucky Star says it needs to be a bit squishy. If you happen to have the ball that went with a 10 Minute Solutions kit, it's exactly the same (just a different color). It's also a little sticky, which is nice because it stays in place.
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 03:03 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I am really feeling like getting this. I tried trading for it with no response. My question is about the fitball. It comes with the DVD from their site plus shipping. How big is this ball? I have a playground ball I use with P57. Would that work or should I get the DVD and the ball from Barre3. The exercisetv store has it back in stock and you can use a coupon code save10 that makes it 16.99 plus shipping of about 3.00. Any advice?
Thank you so much! I didn't know a) it was back in stock on exercisetv and also didn't know of the coupon code, but thanks to you I just now ordered it!
I'm expecting P57 in the mail within these next weeks too and am hoping their ball would work for Barre3 as well. If not, I'll get a playground ball as it seems to work!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 03:38 PM  
juberann

A playground ball would work fine, just make sure you don't inflate it all the way. I have a niece that attends Barre3 classes 3 times a week in Vancouver,WA and she was told a playground ball is fine for the DVD as long as when you inflate it and push on it, it retracts about an inch and a half when you let go. Hope that makes sense.
Sadie's ab work in Barre3 is my favorite ab routine EVER and I am hoping and praying with all the Barre3 love going around, Sadie knows about this and has plans to put out another DVD soon!!!! I am so ready for another Barre3!
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 04:18 PM  
shoegoddess

Would the Fluidity ball work?

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 05:00 PM  
D72

I think both the Fluidity and P57 balls would work although the advice above to try and keep them a little deflated is good and you'll understand why when you see the workout.
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 05:04 PM  
PhyllisG

I have to say that if it's possible to be (semi) in with a little piece of exercise equipment-then I am with my Barre3 FitBall. It's just very cute and squishy and kind of molds/squishes) to your body (esp. your spine during the abs section).

OK first it was alright I can just use my playground ball but after Diana's loving her barre fitball of course I want one of those!
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 05:12 PM  
Gaylene

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post

OK first it was alright I can just use my playground ball but after Diana's loving her barre fitball of course I want one of those!
Phyllis, if you can only get the DVD without the ball, I'm almost certain that Amazon has it. It looks exactly the same as the one I received from Barre 3. I'm hopelessly inept and don't know how to post a link, but if you do an Amazon search for Fitball 9" the dark blue one is the one.
Gaylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 05:12 PM  
D72

I think you'll love it :]
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote