Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-14-10, 09:35 PM  
gigi

So, thinking out loud:
Day 1: Peak 10 Cardio Strength
Day 2: Peak 10 Burn Interval Cardio
Day 3: Yoga or Classical Stretch
Day 4: Total Body Strength or Barre or Bob Harper's Cardio Strength (the updated Power Hour would fit in here nicely but I REFUSE to buy it on principle)
Day 5: Cardio (one of my new Amy's or Turbo Fire)
Day 6: Peak 10 Cardio Strength
Day 7: Total Rest

How do you guys plan to use them? I'm sure I'll change my mind about 1000 times about my rotation...LOL! I look forward to doing Cardio Strength tomorrow.
Old 09-15-10, 06:47 AM  
Snuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by workoutqueen View Post
Good evening ladies,

I asked Michelle this question on her Facebook page. I wanted to know if a rotation would be included with the two DVDs. She said that there was a plan to shoot a larger series and incorporate a full rotation. She suggested that for now, to do Cardio Strength twice a week and Cardio Interval Burn once a week. She said this was the main formula that was used in her test group! I received the DVDs on Saturday and I can't wait to do them. I'm nursing an injury right now but I hope try them out in the next few days. They look like fun!

HTH,
Katrina
Where can I find more information on this test group and their results? She doesn't have a website does she? I tried google but didn't locate it.

ETA: I found her blog at http://www.michelledozois.com/blog/1.do

ETA again: not much on her test group or results found on the website

Last edited by Snuckles; 09-15-10 at 07:02 AM. Reason: found her website
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 10:43 AM  
workoutqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckles View Post
Where can I find more information on this test group and their results? She doesn't have a website does she? I tried google but didn't locate it.

ETA: I found her blog at http://www.michelledozois.com/blog/1.do

ETA again: not much on her test group or results found on the website

I see what you mean Snuckles, how about asking her for specifics via her Facebook page or emailing her? Michelle is very good at responding.

Katrina
workoutqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 10:45 AM  
workoutqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
So, thinking out loud:
Day 1: Peak 10 Cardio Strength
Day 2: Peak 10 Burn Interval Cardio
Day 3: Yoga or Classical Stretch
Day 4: Total Body Strength or Barre or Bob Harper's Cardio Strength (the updated Power Hour would fit in here nicely but I REFUSE to buy it on principle)
Day 5: Cardio (one of my new Amy's or Turbo Fire)
Day 6: Peak 10 Cardio Strength
Day 7: Total Rest

How do you guys plan to use them? I'm sure I'll change my mind about 1000 times about my rotation...LOL! I look forward to doing Cardio Strength tomorrow.

Gigi,

This looks great! I'm so jealous, I can't wait until my calf gets better so I can do these.

Katrina
workoutqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 11:08 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I will definitely pre-order her Peak 10 set when she has it available. She talks about the background exercisers successes with the program during the workouts but not in depth.

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 11:15 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
She talks about the background exercisers successes with the program during the workouts but not in depth.

Kathy G
Yes, she says to check their stories on the website. I only recognized one of the success stories as being someone from these dvds. The stories they have are pretty impressive, though. These people lost a pretty decent number of inches and body fat in a relatively short period of time.

I was watching a clip of an older workout on her site and even Michelle herself looks leaner now to me. I'd love to know more about her nutrition plan.
Old 09-15-10, 11:30 AM  
nubiennelady

Here are the recommended additional workouts for folks participating in the live program (which I was going to do if it wasn't for a last minute work schedule change )

1 Day Full Body Strength
1-2 Days Pure Cardio (avoiding interval work)

You are recommended to not do more than 3 "Peak 10" workouts per week. I'm trying to hold out on purchasing the DVDs because Michelle said a new Peak 10 session will begin in January but with all of you ladies reporting high calorie burns, I might give in much sooner
nubiennelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 11:39 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I remember early on at the time (or B4 even) the DVDs were shot, looking at a site with the b4s and afters.... They were incredible for both women and men. No one was super young either. Off to look for the thread.

The success stories on her site are from the first set of Breakthru DVDs. They were in the Breakthru DVDs....I remember being really movitated by them and did the original Breakthru rotations and lost 10 lbs.

Donna - thanks for filling in the extra days for us. So the actual Peak program has you going to her gym for the 3 classes and doing the other 2-3 days on your own?
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 11:59 AM  
nubiennelady

Barb - Yes, you went to the Breakthru Fitness gym on Wednesday and Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Then you were required to do 2-3 workouts on your own. You also had to use a Bodybugg or similar gadget and they offered nutrition and foam roller workshops.
nubiennelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-10, 12:23 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Dang, I only burned half the amount of calories you did for Cardio Strength.....Wonder what is up with that?!

Denise
Denise,
I think my Polar F11 thinks I should be near death whenever my heartrate gets above 165 (because of my age...I'm 47 1/2). I did get about the same calorie burn from this as running for an hour so it's a definite keeper for me.

I do have a Go Wear Fit (with the monitor watch). Maybe I'll put that on next time and see what kind of calorie burn it gives me.

Thanks everyone for all the rotation ideas. Donna, the Live program sounds GREAT! I'd love to hear about your experience when you take it.

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelle dozois, peak 10, peak 10 cardio strength