Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-08, 12:55 PM  
mtnmom

Is Cathe getting too serious?

I started with Cathe a few years ago with the Intensity and BodyBlast Series. Cathe made cute comments that made me smile in those series. She seemed to be having fun.

In her more recent series (the no-name series and 4DS), she lost a little of that. And now, watching the you-tube clips for STS, she seems totally serious.

It doesn't make me want to work out with her. I wish she'd bring back the fun. I've also noticed comments about this in the current STS thread. There was also another thread recently about comments in workouts that caught your attention. Cathe's comments were mentioned, but they were from much earlier workouts.

Anyone else bothered by this?

I didn't order STS, I'd never be able to focus on such a lengthy program. But I hope she has more fun with the MMA and step workouts that SNM stated would be forthcoming.
Old 12-12-08, 01:05 PM  
sundari

I agree that Cathe has gotten alot more serious. You can definately see a change from the oldies step workouts to her STS. Although I realize that a step workout and strength workout are two different things.

Maybe this is why I get burned out on her. I never thought of it this way.
Old 12-12-08, 01:09 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I love the intensity of her new stuff. I'm doing a rotation with 4DS and Gym Style weight work and it's kickin' my butt! I don't mind Cathe being more serious, if I want goofy....I'll do P90X, lol (although that's no walk in the park either!)

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 01:15 PM  
Conni

I agree, she has really switched gears. It almost seems contrived when she does make a joke now and then in her workouts. That is one of the reasons I find Stretchmax and some parts of Coremax boring. She seems almost robotic in these workouts, imo. I want more personality, especially since I am already distanced by the fact that I am watching a tv screen.
I was not impressed with the "sash series" and she seems to make something of an effort in 4DS, but it just isn't the same.
Old 12-12-08, 01:19 PM  
Pascal

Really? I don't think she's gotten more serious. Perhaps she was a bit more serious in the Hardcore series, but that was a huge undertaking and I still feel she smiled and made a few jokes here and there. I think it's different nowadays, doing these high-volume releases as opposed to filming 'just' Step Fit or 'just' Power Max - there isn't as much time to joke around. That said, I've always found her personable and in good spirits. In 4-Day Split she says, "Oh, quit your moaning!" - and that's one of my favorite Cathe-isms. And in "Butts & Guts" she is a stitch! That's just how I see it.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 01:19 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Well, she's my age. And I'm a little more serious now than I was in my thirties, but yes, I do think her demeanor has mellowed over the years. I thought she was at her peak during the Body Blast Series. She seemed subdued in Hardcore and never really picked up after that. Despite this, I did enjoy her last two projects (no-name and 4Day).
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 01:22 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i still find cathe to be light hearted in her releases.

i think with heavy weights you need to focus more so she might tone down the personality so that everyone can concentrate.

if you're doing squats with 150 pounds you really don't want her to crack a joke at that moment.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 01:22 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I think like anyone, she has changed and evolved over the years. I like her personality on all of them but appreciate her being more subdued on the heavier weight workouts. I use them the most and once you hear a joke or wise crack....it's never *quite* as funny or endearing the 30th time around.

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 01:26 PM  
ruby2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom
I didn't order STS, I'd never be able to focus on such a lengthy program. But I hope she has more fun with the MMA and step workouts that SNM stated would be forthcoming.

What's MMA?
ruby2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 01:27 PM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2111
What's MMA?
Mixed Martial Arts

Best sport EVER

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote