Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-10, 12:48 PM  
RoccoLuv

Hi! Yet another newbie!

I just officially joined, but like many other I have lurked for at least a year now (& have the credit card statements to prove it!).

Bit about me: I've been into fitness pretty much my entire life. I started w/workout videos in the late 1980's & do remember doing the Jane Fonda ALBUM w/my mom (whatever year that was?). In 2005 I kinda fell off the fitness wagon due to hurricane Katrina & my brother losing his cancer battle. I also moved to a new city, got married & started a new job that year. Anyway, in June 2009 I started p90x & my fitness/health life has changed alot since then. I'm now a p90x & Insanity grad & will be a CLX grad in 1.5 weeks. Most of my life I have been almost an entirely Cathe fan (big chunk of my Cathe workouts are VHS). Now I still use her, but also like KCM, Amy Bento, Jari, Seasun for step, dance workouts, Patrick's HWC series, seems anything Beachbody, yoga & kettlebells...etc, etc Actually I got into kettlebells about a year ago from reading this forum!! I used to be really into running, but stopped about 8 years ago & just never picked it back up.

Well, that's me. I look forward to getting to know everyone! (side note: how do I put my name in my signature? I guess I should've registered w/my actual name....which is Kara btw)
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 01:10 PM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccoLuv View Post
I just officially joined, but like many other I have lurked for at least a year now (& have the credit card statements to prove it!).

Bit about me: I've been into fitness pretty much my entire life. I started w/workout videos in the late 1980's & do remember doing the Jane Fonda ALBUM w/my mom (whatever year that was?). In 2005 I kinda fell off the fitness wagon due to hurricane Katrina & my brother losing his cancer battle. I also moved to a new city, got married & started a new job that year. Anyway, in June 2009 I started p90x & my fitness/health life has changed alot since then. I'm now a p90x & Insanity grad & will be a CLX grad in 1.5 weeks. Most of my life I have been almost an entirely Cathe fan (big chunk of my Cathe workouts are VHS). Now I still use her, but also like KCM, Amy Bento, Jari, seems anything Beachbody, yoga & kettlebells. Actually I got into kettlebells about a year ago from reading this forum!! I used to be really into running, but stopped about 8 years ago & just never picked it back up.

Well, that's me. I look forward to getting to know everyone! (side note: how do I put my name in my signature? I guess I should've registered w/my actual name....which is Kara btw)
Welcome from another VF newbie! (But a newbie who is no way near ready for P90X or any other of the insane workouts you and the other people here at VF complete!) I couldn't wait a whole year to register. I wanted to jump right in and ask the video workout queens (and kings) lots of questions.

Sorry about your brother. Cancer sucks.

Congrats on your marriage! I hope the "new" job is still treating you well.

To edit your signature, go to "My VF" at the top of the page and you will find "Edit My Signature" as one of the choices on the left.
Old 08-19-10, 01:37 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Kara,

Well, it's too late to warn you about the credit card danger here. But, it's not too late to say, "Welcome." From your experience, it certainly looks like you have a lot to share. Feel free to jump in and add your two cents.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 07:33 PM  
RoccoLuv

Thanks Amy & Laura for your warm welcome!! I look forward to "seeing" you both around the forum!
Graduate of p90x (2x), Insanity (2x), P90X+, CLX, STS, Turbo Fire, Asylum 1 & 2, JNL Fusion, Body Beast, Xtrain, Fitness is Function Kbell, Cathe Ripped with Hiit. Currently doing Edge Booty Extreme 2.
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 07:40 PM  
Mitch Brahen

Mitch Brahen

Hi, I can relate to Kari Anderson. I have 6 of Kari's video's. I just purchased GM 201, but I think it's a little too advanced for me for now. I wanted to purchase build GM 101/102, H.I.T.S., and some others but I can't find them anywhere. I've looked everywhere. Any help??
Mitch
Old 09-08-10, 08:26 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi/Lo H.I.T.S. is available on Amazonb (is this the one you want?) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

Other than that, there isn't a copy to be found in my search. You might want to send a message asking about Greate Moves videos availability here - http://www.prorobics.com/contact_us.htm. They do have supposed links for Great Moves videos, but they don't go anywhere, so you may just want to send a message asking.

Good luck!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-13-10, 03:53 PM  
holliholli915

I've been lurking on VF since the mid 90's. Never decided to join in on the message boards until I became obsessed with barre workouts -- my current faves. So, now, I need to talk/learn about them every chance I get. It amazes me how VFers find out about new releases so quickly!

I used to be a hard core Cathe devotee, then moved on to Jari. But, now, I've found that the results I've achieved from barre are beyond anything I ever got with Cathe or Jari.

I'm originally from CA but have recently moved to the mid-west. Look forward to the discussions!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10, 06:39 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome as a member! If you have been lurking, you know you'll find lots of talk about barre workouts here. If you have an interest, there are even some check ins based on them.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-26-10, 06:02 PM  
Mitch Brahen

Cool Mitch Brahen

That's the video I was looking for! God Bless You!
In the meantime I have to take a look at "Barre Workouts", on <www.collagevideo.com>
It's seems like there maybe something to alll the whoha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Hi/Lo H.I.T.S. is available on Amazonb (is this the one you want?) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

Other than that, there isn't a copy to be found in my search. You might want to send a message asking about Greate Moves videos availability here - http://www.prorobics.com/contact_us.htm. They do have supposed links for Great Moves videos, but they don't go anywhere, so you may just want to send a message asking.

Good luck!
Old 10-29-10, 04:09 PM  
new2me

Gosh, I didn't realize how long it's been since I've checked the General Discussion board! Welcome to all who have joined us!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread