Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-15, 11:47 AM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L View Post
I'm ba-a-a-a-ck! Wow. It's been years since I showed up at VF. And a lot of water under the bridge. New home(s). New spouse! And now--a new commitment (I hope) to video fitness.

These days, I have a small space, and not much equipment. I mostly want to recover the nice arms in the photo I've been using as an avatar.

I went shopping at Collage, and picked out two workouts by Ellen Barrett--someone I haven't met before. The workouts are short (30 and 45 min), barefoot, with light weights. Great reviews. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wendy, thanks for keeping the door open at VF.
Barb L, welcome back! I haven't been on very much myself, but I was checking out something else today, and I actually looked you up in the members list. Imagine my surprise to see you were back. Yay!!!
Old 01-13-15, 10:12 AM  
Exercise Diva

Just came across this great thread!

I've been coming to VF for 4 to 5 years now, and it's become my go to place for everything fitness related. I've learned so much from the people on this site and have also parted ways with many dollars (ha ha!). I pretty much am a lurker though I will jump in to a conversation here and there. I live with my husband just north of Boston, and we have one daughter, 21 (can't believe that!) who is off at college, so we're actually going to downsize our home this year. I'm very excited about that - my husband not so much! I love anything exercise related; in fact I don't get it when I hear people say that they don't like to exercise. I would be depressed if I couldn't work out on a regular basis. Right now I'm trying to slow down from the frantic heart-pumping workouts that I generally love. My focus lately has been Barre 3, yoga and some kettlebell work for strength.

Joan
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 11:15 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Joan - Well, I won't warn you to hide your credit cards, then. Feel free to come out of lurkdom more often!

Good luck with the downsizing. I've made a new year's goal of getting rid of one thing every day. My husband can retire from his career in 3 years and we may want to move/downsize at that point. So far, I've been able to choose things he hasn't noticed.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 04:54 PM  
Exercise Diva

Hi Laura. I will definitely come out more often! I have been in the process of cleaning out my house for a long time now but still have so much more to get rid of. My husband keeps everything, and I'm the opposite - he always says that he's going to find himself out in the garbage one day! It's going to be an interesting time downsizing but I am really looking forward to it. Good luck to you and your husband in your future plans. Three years isn't far away!
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-15, 06:47 PM  
Pimmi24

Hi Everyone - I'm Lorrie and I'm finally out of lurking mode and here to join in! My 50 year old, menopausal, hypothyroid self is looking forward to getting to know everyone. I'm a long time at-home exerciser, I started with the Firm many, many years ago. I've been a pretty consistent exerciser up until the last year or two ... my husband was diagnosed with cancer and I sort of let "me" go. I'd do a dvd here and there, get on the elliptical or bike ... but all consistency sort of went out the window. Anyway, I pulled out my Slim in 6 dvds back in November and have been working slow and steadily since. A few weeks ago I discovered Jessica Smith workouts and I have to say, the level/pace is really perfect for me. My husband is doing well, I'm back on the exercise bandwagon, and life is good! Thanks to all of you for the wonderful wealth of information I've been finding on these boards. I look forward to getting to know all of you!
Pimmi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-15, 07:51 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Welcome, Lorrie! I'm so glad to hear that your husband is doing well and you can get back to caring for yourself! Feel free to post any questions or information at any time. We're always happy to enable!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-15, 07:57 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Lorrie - Welcome out of lurkdom. I could have almost written your post. I'm 51 and had knee replacement surgery last July. My husband had heart valve surgery in October. And, he has fibromyalgia which always affects our lives. So, after his surgery, I basically stopped exercising because caring for him in the midst of keeping up with work and life was just overwhelming. 2015 has been designated as The Year of the Comeback in our house!

Good luck with getting back on track. Good job with what you're already doing.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-15, 03:22 PM  
Pimmi24

Thanks Karen & Laura for the welcome!
It's nice being out of lurkdom : )
Happy Weekend!
Pimmi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-15, 03:04 PM  
Southern Girl

I have lurked here for for at least 3 years. I used to post on Collage Video. When it shut down I quit posting except for MFP. I miss having a daily check in.

I have lots of sets, Rockin Body, The Firm Express, The Firm Zip Trainer, Body Beast, etc. I have never done a rotation so I am going to do 12 month long rotations in 2015. I am almost done with Shaun T's Rockin Body.
Southern Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-15, 03:16 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Welcome Southern Girl!

I think the Rockin' Body is a really fun set. I enjoy the kind of cheesy vibe and the playfulness of it.

I'm doing 6 week rotations alternating weeks between 3 different sets. Currently I'm doing 21 Day Fix, You Are Your Own Gym, and P90.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread