Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-19, 02:46 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
there are some relevant videos on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7rvJrzcz3BLJE1
Oh, thanks. I forgot to look there. I also clicked on the tag and a couple of threads came up. I always forget to use the tags and they are so useful! Duh.

Donna
Old 10-16-19, 03:24 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you're welcome.

that earlier Amazon link was in "Household goods" - however, I found another Amazon link in the Sports & Outdoors section:
https://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Burn-Kic...257345&sr=8-10

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 09:17 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Interesting that the infomercial (which I admit to skipping parts of since it seemed so repetitive) makes it seem like the workouts are 15 minutes -- I swear I heard "just 15 minutes a day" a few times, and yet thanks to bzar's pointer, one of the reviews shows that most are 45 minutes. The good news is that's more content for the money. Maybe I heard it wrong, but I think it's pretty deceptive to market it to people that way. I admit, I am tempted. JackieB, what didn't you like about it?
Old 10-17-19, 10:36 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have two sets, got them really cheap and they came with download access. I did several of the restorative practices quite a while ago and really enjoyed them I haven’t done any of the active practices. Might pull them out and try them.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 06:45 AM  
Rhonda

I think I remember someone saying to get to the 45 minutes your repeating the 15 minutes 3 times. so it sounded very repetitive unless I misunderstood.

so I am wondering are the 45 minutes a full practice with no repetition or are you really repeating the 15 minutes over and over?
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 07:40 AM  
Sollamyn

I looked at some of the "reviews" on Youtube, and they are mostly advertisements, not real reviews. Also, I read (or got from YT) that the workouts are quite challenging, but then, again, I also heard that the workouts were geared toward beginners? So--um,...? I think I'll pass and just work with what I've got.

Donna
Old 10-18-19, 09:56 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I think I remember someone saying to get to the 45 minutes your repeating the 15 minutes 3 times. so it sounded very repetitive unless I misunderstood.

so I am wondering are the 45 minutes a full practice with no repetition or are you really repeating the 15 minutes over and over?
Oh, that does sound familiar. Like Sollamyn, I think I've decided to pass on this. I did find a couple of reviews where people said they were overcharged, and etc. Seems like not a great thing to venture into when I have so much yoga at home and on youtube anyway.

I don't know why I think I need to find some yoga program that is a progression/rotation like traditional fitness programs. Why can't I be happy just doing random yoga X times per week?

Tags
yoga burn, zoe bray cotton