Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-19, 11:30 AM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Yoga With Adrienne. Adrienne is much beloved, but she is my Leslie Sansone of yoga. She has so many interesting practices which sound beneficial to me but I just can't get past the first five minutes.
Me, too. I tried a couple of times and couldn’t get through a video, just kept thinking, when will she stop talking! and finally quit.

This week I stopped a barre3 and picked a different Barre3 video because a newish instructor sounded like she was on Valium or something. So calm that it seemed robotic.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 06:39 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
Hee hee. So funny story on that first combo. Let me preface this with the fact that I really adore Amy Bento's step - and ASC was my first one and I just fell in love with it - still adore it, probably some of that for nostalgia reasons. However, that said, she is complex, and it takes awhile to learn the combos. I thought I had it all down pat and it was only after a year (A YEAR!!) into doing the workout I realized I was doing the entire first combo facing the wrong way on the bench.
That's classic! It's been years since I attempted that workout so I don't know why it's so fresh in my mind. Then I remembered I had a similar experience more recently with Tap Less, Step More. I got lost in the warmup and made no further attempts.
Old 09-25-19, 06:59 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
It's her voice, for me. She sounds like a kindergarten teacher.
This is funny because (on more than one occasion) I have referred to her as "The Mr. Rogers of Yoga." (And I mean it in the best way imaginable because I adore Mr.R...but they have that same gentle spirit. And apparently the same gentle voice!)
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 07:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

The thing that gets me about Adriene is when she makes sort of the "whoosh!" sound--I think of it as her (annoying) submarine sound.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 08:46 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
That's classic! It's been years since I attempted that workout so I don't know why it's so fresh in my mind. Then I remembered I had a similar experience more recently with Tap Less, Step More. I got lost in the warmup and made no further attempts.
I did the same thing with the warm up in Tap Less, Step More. I didn't touch that DVD for months. Then I picked it up again and gave it another shot. It's now one of my favorite step workouts, although I don't think I've ever gotten 100% of the choreography.

I tried one that Amy Bento teamed up with someone else whose name escapes me and they put together a series with a theme of training like an animal. I only tried one of the series and didn't get far into it and it got the Joni O. I should pick it up again since I don't remember a thing about it, even why I didn't like it. Never tried any of the others in the group.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 09:14 PM  
bjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
This is not going to be popular ....Jane Adams Gentle Yoga. I bought it traded decided to give it another chance from the library and JoniO’d it.
I"m with you. Just can't stand it!
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 09:40 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Totally agreed! I didn't get what the fuss was all about.

I think that this thread should be titled "Instructors Who Others Love But Who Didn't Click with You."
Leslie Sansone is top of the list for me. I think I Joni-Oed at about her third "wak wak wak" and haven't been back.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 04:34 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
Yesterday I put in Cathe’s Athletic Step. Didn’t even remember buying it. I have become skilled at taking the impact out of a lot of Cathe’s step DVD’s, but WTH!
I made through the warm up and maybe two minutes after that! Popped that sucker out and put in my trade pile.

So what have you Joni O’d lately?

Patrice
So funny how we’re all different. Love all Cathe’s step DVDs. I have a pile of older DVDs by multiple instructors that I haven’t touched for years. Hoping to make some decisions soon on these.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 09:45 AM  
Karla25

True Confession: I just tried Jazzercise on YouTube. Egads! I forced myself to do 30 minutes (about 1/2) because I didn’t have time to change workouts.
Old 09-26-19, 11:55 AM  
Mickey12

karla25 you have the most precious avatar photo. OMG!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joni-o, joni-o a video, jonio a workout