Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-19, 10:01 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Gloria Vanderbilt has died at 95, after a never-boring life. Her "it's a shame to call them" jeans were my favorite in high school.
https://wtop.com/celebrities/2019/06...en-dies-at-95/

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-19, 11:11 AM  
Gams

When I heard the news about Gloria Vanderbilt this morning, I thought about the time I saw Anderson Cooper on Larry King and Larry was asking Anderson what kind of mother she was - if she wore an apron and baked cookies, etc. Anderson Cooper responded by telling the story about one Thanksgiving when Gloria didn’t show for dinner, but she sent a turkey over in a limousine. I thought that was a great story.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-19, 01:52 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Gloria Vanderbilt has died at 95, after a never-boring life. Her "it's a shame to call them" jeans were my favorite in high school.
https://wtop.com/celebrities/2019/06...en-dies-at-95/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
When I heard the news about Gloria Vanderbilt this morning, I thought about the time I saw Anderson Cooper on Larry King and Larry was asking Anderson what kind of mother she was - if she wore an apron and baked cookies, etc. Anderson Cooper responded by telling the story about one Thanksgiving when Gloria didn’t show for dinner, but she sent a turkey over in a limousine. I thought that was a great story.
just saw this on my feed too about GV. may she rest in peace and prayers to her family.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 12:53 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

fiction novelist of sexy, high fashion characters Judith Krantz has passed away at 91. i was surprised to read that she wrote her first novel when she was 50.

Judith, along with Sidney Sheldon, were "coming of age" for me in my progression as a reader!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 05:15 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
fiction novelist of sexy, high fashion characters Judith Krantz has passed away at 91. i was surprised to read that she wrote her first novel when she was 50.

Judith, along with Sidney Sheldon, were "coming of age" for me in my progression as a reader!
Same here, although Judith was more during my teens. I loved her books and the Scruples miniseries with Lindsay Wagner.

I started reading Jacqueline Susanne books I when I was 10 or then abouts. Taught me everything I needed to know, haha.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 09:49 PM  
Vantreesta

27-year-old Tyler Skaggs, pitcher for the Angels, passed away yesterday. So young and married just last year.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 07:33 PM  
Gams

Artie Johnson and Ross Perot
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 06:19 AM  
Rhonda

Rip Torn and Lee Iacocca
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-19, 05:33 PM  
primrosecat

Cameron Boyce, 20, who starred in many Disney movies.
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 08:23 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrosecat View Post
Cameron Boyce, 20, who starred in many Disney movies.
I used to watch the Disney show "Jessie" with my niece when she was younger. Very sad to hear this. So young. I heard he had epilepsy.

Tags
in memory, off topic, off-topic