Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-15, 10:13 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
I tried a couple of sizes on today. You're right, they're awesome! They don't feel tight, and what they reveal, they do in a flattering way. Thanks for the tip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I'll be looking at them next time I'm at the mall clothes shopping for myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I will be looking into these soon. I will be traveling for work soon and need some new work pants.
Oh and one tip about the Exact Stretch pants is to avoid drying them in the dryer. I always lay them flat or hang them to dry. They can be washed easily enough at home but the dryer can make them shrink especially in the length. Sometimes if they are just too wrinkled I'll throw them in for a quick 2-3 minutes with a damp cloth and a dryer sheet. That's just enough to get the wrinkles out (I rarely use irons. ).

Another tip for my fellow booty and thigh-licious ladies... I have a trick to give a little bit of stretch/give to areas that feel tight or constricting, whether it's with these pants or ANY pants really (jeans, even!). I spray the offending areas (butt, thigh area, waist band) with Downy Wrinkle release spray, put the pants on and do some squats and lunges. The fabric gives just enough so that the pants fit like a glove.

Actually, I used to use Downy Wrinkle Release but then there was a period of time when I couldn't find the product so I came up with my own formula that works just as well and is a lot cheaper. I still use the bottles that the Downy came in, but now I use about 1 tablespoon of liquid fabric softener and fill the bottle with water. Works like a charm.
Old 10-05-15, 10:33 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Make sure the coach is good!

I have heard wonderful things about CrossFit but just like anything else, we are all different and respond to things differently. If the coach does not CARE that you are disappointed in the results, then you have the wrong coach. Yes, the workout is important, but I would NEVER personally stick with a program that was giving me results that were different from my goal. I HAVE however in years past done a number of 'experiments' but it seems to me that you already know this is NOT for you based upon the results. Definitely have a serious talk with the coach and see if the program can be modified to give you different results, otherwise, MOVE ON is what my advice would be. Money is money and other than having someone else take on the rest, which may work if they are already fit, I would not let it force me into bad results.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 10:35 AM  
sherry7899

Redflame- so glad to see you!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 10:39 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Been a LONG time!

I could not believe that the info says the last time I visited was in mid 2012!!

Old 10-05-15, 01:39 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
No, we don't use TRX. I have used it myself at home and love it, but it's not really a Crossfit piece of equipment (at least not yet, you never know with Castro!). Our box is pretty traditional Crossfit - barbells, kettlebells, rig for pull ups, rowers, rope climbs, handstand push-ups, box jumps, jump rope, etc.
We also do all that you named, but they have thrown in some non-traditional stuff like the TRX. Something else we have that I really like is the Ski Erg. We also do other things like lunging with a slosh pipe, battle ropes, slam ball, wall ball, etc.

I have no idea what is considered traditional or not actually, but I love most of what we do.

Hey there RedFlame! It's been a long time. Good to see you!
Old 10-05-15, 01:47 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Back at ya JM!!

Old 10-05-15, 01:56 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~ View Post
I could not believe that the info says the last time I visited was in mid 2012!!
you are too funny....

glad you posted! your post deserves its own thread saying you're back!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-15, 08:49 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Do you happen to have a video with instruction on how to do them correctly? I would like to see it as compared to how we did it at the box I went to.
No, but I will see if my box's YouTube channel has a vid. People get hurt when they aren't really strong enough to do them - you still have to keep your lats engaged, keep your body in the hollow rock position at the top of the pull-up, and not just let your body fling down uncontrolled. I'll see if I can find something..... How were you instructed to do them?

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-15, 08:58 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
We also do all that you named, but they have thrown in some non-traditional stuff like the TRX. Something else we have that I really like is the Ski Erg. We also do other things like lunging with a slosh pipe, battle ropes, slam ball, wall ball, etc.

I have no idea what is considered traditional or not actually, but I love most of what we do.
Do you guys participate in the Open? That will cover pretty much all of the "traditional" movements of CrossFit. But at the end of the day, if you aren't competing, the only thing that matters is that you are enjoying it - that's great!!!

I am still on cloud 9 from my workout this morning - our strength work was a 12 minute, every minute on the minute 1 power snatch followed by an overhead squat with a 3 second pause at the bottom. My previous OHS was stuck at 65# (without a pause) - today I worked up to 80# and it felt easy - I was limited by my snatch today, not the OHS, which NEVER happens!!!!! When I started Crossfit I had to use the PVC pipe for OHS. Freaking awesome progress.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-15, 10:13 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
I am still on cloud 9 from my workout this morning - our strength work was a 12 minute, every minute on the minute 1 power snatch followed by an overhead squat with a 3 second pause at the bottom. My previous OHS was stuck at 65# (without a pause) - today I worked up to 80# and it felt easy - I was limited by my snatch today, not the OHS, which NEVER happens!!!!! When I started Crossfit I had to use the PVC pipe for OHS. Freaking awesome progress.
WOW!!! Good for you! I was going to check out a couple of boxes on Sunday but something else came up so I'm going on Friday when I work from home. I think a Friday would be a more representative day anyway, since it's a day when I would be able to go if/when I join. Do you compete? I saw on my TV listings that they're showing the women's Crossfit games tonight so I plan to check that out.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crossfit