Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-13-14, 03:48 PM  
Tugger31

I have completed STS and was not pleased with how muscular I was becoming, thought I loved being able to bench press the heaviest I ever have! But, I'm short and on the stocky side and my shirts were becoming too tight.

I bought JNL Fusion and Dream Body Cardio more to try something non-Cathe. I love lifting heavy but wanted to "de-bulk" (hate that word). Anyway I thought DB might give me what I am looking for. However, in the past I have done light weights (Slim Series) and overall just felt more flabby and missed that hard muscle feeing. I figured JNL would add heavier weight then DB but not as heavy as STS which is how I came up with the idea to somehow combine the two.

I also just tried my first SB workout from her streaming videos and my legs are quivering! Granted I have not worked out for 10 days but yowza! I did a Tabata Barre workout followed by abs. I started with her Killer Ab workout but soon found out it was too killer for me. I have been neglecting my abs for the past few months! It's obvious they need some work!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-14, 04:00 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Im not trying to be rude here but don't you just do Classical Stretch and walking? CLX seems such a mis match for you. And I understand that you stay away from heavy weights because you bulk up but you really can't lift heavy weights without a good foundation so how can you say that it felt awkward? If Im only used to doing Zumba and I try Crossfit and its not my style I won't be bashing Crossfit its just that its not suited for me but it may be for someone else (again Im not syaing you are bashing CLX just giving my opinion).
I think Jackie was talking about her past experience with CLX. She was doing it when it was new and shiny She does Classical Stretch and walking now. Completely changed up her routine.

Oh Tugger, Ella, and Jackie, I wish I gained muscle easily!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-14, 06:49 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Im not trying to be rude here but don't you just do Classical Stretch and walking? CLX seems such a mis match for you. And I understand that you stay away from heavy weights because you bulk up but you really can't lift heavy weights without a good foundation so how can you say that it felt awkward? If Im only used to doing Zumba and I try Crossfit and its not my style I won't be bashing Crossfit its just that its not suited for me but it may be for someone else (again Im not syaing you are bashing CLX just giving my opinion).
Oh I did at least 2 rounds of CLX right away when the program came out. I used to lift all the time. In fact, I used to teach all sorts of classes in the health clubs. I can't remember who I sent my CLX on to here at VF.

I swear, I have had it all here...P90X, P90, Cathe, TA, Project You, Firm...LOL...my first purchase was Firm Vol 2 with Janet Jones Gretzky.

I've probably only done CS for 4-5 years now. I get tempted periodically to lift again, too.

Jackie

ETA--I wasn't bashing CLX. I really liked the length and it was perfect for me postpartum. I had to modify a lot...esp in the "Lean" phase with the compound moves (ie push up holding a weight and doing a trcep extension).
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-14, 07:48 AM  
rheash92

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Oh I did at least 2 rounds of CLX right away when the program came out. I used to lift all the time. In fact, I used to teach all sorts of classes in the health clubs. I can't remember who I sent my CLX on to here at VF.

I swear, I have had it all here...P90X, P90, Cathe, TA, Project You, Firm...LOL...my first purchase was Firm Vol 2 with Janet Jones Gretzky.

I've probably only done CS for 4-5 years now. I get tempted periodically to lift again, too.

Jackie

ETA--I wasn't bashing CLX. I really liked the length and it was perfect for me postpartum. I had to modify a lot...esp in the "Lean" phase with the compound moves (ie push up holding a weight and doing a trcep extension).
Ok...sorry my bad. I didn't realize this.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-14, 08:34 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post

Jackie

People's tastes change over time. What we loved once, may no longer work for us. As is the case here. Jackie has found what she loves and that's awesome.

I CLX, but it's nothing like JNL

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clx, compare clx to jnl, jnl