Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-12, 07:06 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oltlfan View Post
This looks generic. I don't think I'll be getting it. I have only done her lastest new workout one time.
I'm just curious why for you it feels generic?

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 07:35 PM  
Cybersparkle

Thank you for posting this Artist of Eyes

I am a new Leslie convert and am just starting to work out consistently for the new year.

I have Leslie's 5 really big miles and some workouts from youtube and I like the look, music and group cast of 5 really big miles best. I feel Leslie is keeping her workouts fresh and updated. Now being over 40 myself, I have come to think it's healthy to keep changing and shaking one's routine loose every few years. She'll probably attract a whole new younger generation of walkers as well as keep loyal & older fans- because just about anyone of any age can walk.

Her great shape and willingness to take things in a new direction inspires me physically as well as a personal role model.

I am eager to see how her workout's do for me. I still need to drop a few pounds & really hope this works because I have found that I like Leslie's modern workouts w/ new music, no overkill and no dread factor.

It's also on pre-order at Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Leslie-San...-Plan/19596876

but I decided to pre-order on Amazon cause I know for sure I can cancel if I pick it up before the release.
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 08:01 PM  
Tiny

Thanks AOE, this looks really good!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 08:24 PM  
cmishel
VF Supporter

Thanks Artist. Just preordered from Amazon
cmishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 09:42 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I thought she was pretty pals-y with the folks in 5 really big miles. She had her brother and SIL and niece, and Suzanne from the Weight Loss 3-mile, and Suzanne's husband, who was new, and a couple of other people from other workouts, plus some new fan-walkers (probably new Walk Leaders) with whom she was pretty chatty. She really just had maybe 3 "professional" fitness folks there that I could tell.

In this one, who knows?
Yes, the "professionals" appeared to be the ones in the harder segments, the ones with the band I believe. I just thought maybe someone was going for a more polished, typical exercise dvd. It does seem to make her less chatty and giggly. It just seems odd after so many years of filming for her to go this way and I figured there was a reason. I was just wondering what it is.
Old 02-10-12, 10:14 PM  
Cybersparkle

opps! I meant to post in another thread...

Disregard please
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 10:15 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Yes, the "professionals" appeared to be the ones in the harder segments, the ones with the band I believe. I just thought maybe someone was going for a more polished, typical exercise dvd. It does seem to make her less chatty and giggly. It just seems odd after so many years of filming for her to go this way and I figured there was a reason. I was just wondering what it is.

OH, ok, gotcha. I know what you mean. I had forgotten that she did the toning miles with just a couple of people. (I usually just use the aerobic miles.) It does seem like she used her PA buddies for SO many years (Joann, Linda, Mary Kay, etc.) Although she always has mixed it up with other people, they have usually been "plain folks" rather than pros. Interesting thought!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 10:34 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I'm sitting on the fence. Will probably end up with it eventually, but not really feeling like I need to rush to pre-order it.

BTW, does anybody else think that one of Leslie's backgrounders in this looks like she might be from Stephanie Huckabee's WW Punch & BBT workouts?
Yes I believe you are right....I remember her from Punch. it was driving me nuts trying to remember what workout she was in.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 11:32 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
It kind of seems like she doesn't really "know" her background exercisers, doesn't it? That's the way it was with the last one that came out. It's not a deal breaker for me but it seems like she's moving towards using "professionals" and I wonder why.
I kind of like the look of the professionals....at least they should all be on the same lead, etc.

Either way, I think this looks great and I can't wait to get it!! I'll be doing all 5 miles a lot!!!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 04:10 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Ok, I think I need to eat my words and will get this one after all as well!
Even if the miles are not all different but just other toning segments, I still like the preview so far..

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote