Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-28-11, 06:10 PM  
Gancho Girl

Damn you fuzzie, I thought I told you I didn't want you to like this!

Now I want it..... but my car needs a new crank shaft, so I'm going to have to wait.

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 06:22 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianni View Post
Thanks for all of the reviews! Does anyone have an opinion about the difficulty level? Is there any dvd you would put it on par with?
Hmmm, fuzzie may have a better answer than I (see, fuzzie, you can't escape being "the expert"! )...... I didn't think it was as hard as Dancer's Body or P57, but I definitely felt burning at times, as I mentioned, and I did get the classic barre leg shakes at times, too. But, the workout really did just fly by for me, so it wasn't mentally difficult, if that makes sense.

One thing I forgot to tell you guys about being at the studio... she wondered how I had heard about it since she didn't recognize me from a class, and I explained about the home exercising craze. Then I asked her if they would be getting more dvds in, and she said "we'll be getting more of the same workout, but not any different workouts." See, she knew we'd be clamoring for more right away! (I think she just couldn't figure out why I'd want to buy more than one copy).
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 06:49 PM  
D72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Katie View Post
Thanks to everyone who provided a review - much appreciated! I've been aware of DM for the last couple of years and have read some really favourable reviews in terms of their live classes. However their website doesn't give much indication of what the workout is actually like. Here's hoping the DVD becomes more readily available!

Katie
+1 on all counts :] Thanks Katie!

PS-your avatar is truly radiant !
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 07:13 PM  
faith458

Fuzzie, thanks for the review. Now, I need to figure out how to get this dvd. I have high arches and reading your comments made me wonder whether going up high contributed to my plantar fasciatis problems. I really want to see her recommendations and see if this will allow me to keep doing my barre workouts.

Faith
faith458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 07:37 PM  
Gaylene

Thanks to everyone for your reviews. The burning question is.....has anyone contacted Mary to see if she can carry this?
Gaylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 07:51 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylene View Post
Thanks to everyone for your reviews. The burning question is.....has anyone contacted Mary to see if she can carry this?
D'oh ... That's the obvious answer, isn't it? I'll go post something on Facebook.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 08:00 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

You might warn her that some of the demand has already been met! I can't believe how many people have it already!
Old 04-28-11, 08:14 PM  
Orlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Set:
The workout is filmed in a large loft, with dark wood floors and large windows with a cityscape.
Fuzzie, do the windows make for a harsh backlighting/contrast? My eyes tend to strain a lot when I'm watching a video with windows behind the exercisers (like Sahra's Essentrics). I'm told that this type of strain is most irritating to light-eyed viewers like me, so it may not bother brown-eyed viewers.

If not...I think I'm sunk.

Thanks, Fuzzie.

Mary, Mary, Mary!!!
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 08:20 PM  
Gaylene

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
D'oh ... That's the obvious answer, isn't it? I'll go post something on Facebook.
Thanks, Laura. I didn't want to contact her in case she'd already been under siege.....
Gaylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 08:31 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlita View Post
Fuzzie, do the windows make for a harsh backlighting/contrast? My eyes tend to strain a lot when I'm watching a video with windows behind the exercisers (like Sahra's Essentrics). I'm told that this type of strain is most irritating to light-eyed viewers like me, so it may not bother brown-eyed viewers.

If not...I think I'm sunk.

Thanks, Fuzzie.

Mary, Mary, Mary!!!
I know what you mean about the contrast in some videos, but I did not notice a problem with this (said the green-eyed monster. Well, really, they ARE green! ).

Tags
barre, dailey method