Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-13-10, 09:20 PM  
coyotex

Looking for input

Hi Gang! I've been around VF for a while, but haven't posted in a LONG time. So, today, I'm posting in search of a bit of help with a project.

I'm about ready to launch a website where I'll be interviewing experts in anything Fitness (and Health) related. I have a lot of people lined up for the interviews, people that I have found and that have interested me.

But, what I'm looking for is input from VF and find out who YOU would like to hear on an interview. It's doesn't have to be a "workout guru" type person, but is should be fitness and health related. (examples would be nutrition, weight loss, muscle growth, etc)

If you can, please let me know who you would like to hear. If this person has a website, please let me know that as well. Thanks

**side note, I wasn't sure what I could stick this post. If it doesn't go here, please let me know and I'll re-direct it***

"The Excellence of Execution"
"The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be"
coyotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 05:27 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Oh yes!

Hey CTex!!! Glad to see you back here, though we have kept contact.

I love this idea, and I would really like to have someone like Anthony Diluglio interviewed. His website is www.artofstrength.com and he is THE kettlebell Guru IMO.

Also, Tracey Effinger of Squeeze fame. www.squeezebytracy.com

These two interest me because they are different forms from the usual 3 sets of 12 stuff that many of the "standard" trainers may be discussing, and of course because these forms interest ME.

What about the rest of you? We have a chance to perhaps get a one on one interview, and I am sure that Tex would also be happy to get some of the questions from you that he should ask as well!

Chime in!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 05:33 PM  
ssgilby

Hey, Drew! Long time no "see." Haven't heard from you since the P90X check in days. I hope all is well.

I can't think of anyone I'd like to hear interviewed - any of our video instructor idols would be great! Any exercise physiologist would be interesting too. There are so many training methods and so many different theories (long steady state cardio vs. HIIT; high reps/light weight vs. low reps/heavy weight; traditional weight training methods vs. barre or some other alternative type of toning are examples that come to mind). It would be interesting to hear what the particular expert you interview has to say on the subject.

Good luck with your project, Drew, and keep us posted! Bring it!
Old 05-17-10, 05:51 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Shel baybay! I am all nostalgic now re the P90X checkin days, LOL! Drew is still loving that tough stuff and bringin it, I know, however for myself I am still quite into kettlebelling and barre work. Body/butt work, haha.

I contacted Tracy via email recently to find out what she does OTHER than squeeze, because I KNOW she did not get that bangin bod doing only high rep, and she said that she also does super-setting but NEVER with heavy weight, more 'medium', but that is a very subjective word, LOL!

So good to touch base again. Ta!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 06:29 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

I would like to see some bloggers like MizFit, Roni of Roni's Weigh, some of the over 40s bloggers on another thread.

Yes, I know it is like they are giving interviews every time they post, but let someone ask them something they wouldn't necessarily write themselves.

Also some info from the fitness podcasters would be interesting, too. Same theory that it seems they are interviewed every time they say something, but there are always things they don't volunteer.

But maybe that is just me.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 07:08 PM  
videofit

Margaret Richard BUT I don't want to hear about older women who are beginners. I'd like an interview about how her long time fans who have exercised and grown older with her over the past twenty years should change their workouts now and how she has changed her own workouts and diet lately to still be "good'n'strong," look great and not lose ground. Also how she copes with her menopause and thyroid problems.
Old 05-17-10, 07:11 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Margaret Richard BUT I don't want to hear about older women who are beginners. I'd like an interview about how her long time fans who have exercised and grown older with her over the past twenty years should change their workouts now and how she has changed her own workouts and diet lately to still be "good'n'strong," look great and not lose ground. Also how she copes with her menopause and thyroid problems.
I second that!!!
Old 05-18-10, 10:55 PM  
coyotex

Oh, this is great stuff! AND, it's great to touch base again with some of my P90X buddies from the past! Yup, I'm still bringing it and still LOVING it! I can hang with Tony and the kids all day long!

Thanks for the input! I'll have to look into some of these names, they sound great! (websites would help if you have them)

I'll let everyone know when the official start of The Interview Series is.

I'll be checking in here frequently as well.

Oh, here's something for you....
Here is a video tour of my gym. This was taken last fall during another round of the "X". There are other videos you can view at the end of this one. Unfortunately, I didn't finish this round off well as I got injured. I got what was referred to as "golfer's elbow", which I was told is the opposite of tennis elbow. Basically, I was not able to do pull ups...at all! AND, a lot of the other exercises came to a screeching hault as well. I literally couldn't do anything with my right arm, i was NOT a happy camper. Anyway, here is the link to the video : http://andrewpoletto.com/P90X/?page_id=181

"The Excellence of Execution"
"The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be"
coyotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 11:02 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

glamgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 11:13 PM  
moonbeam31

Amy Dixon or Tonya Larson come to mind as trainers who really interest a lot of people right now. Stephanie Vitorino too. I would say Tracy Anderson-but I am sure she is too unreachable! I would want to know their thoughts on the latest exercise trends and fusion training. These trainers seem to be pretty old school in their methods of clasic cardio and weights.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote