Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-17-09, 04:05 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Check out these new Avia shoes similiar to Shapeups

http://www.avia.com/avimotion/

I like my Skechers Shapeups and these look comparable. I see my local Kohls carry them, may have to go and check them out in person!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 04:16 PM  
alisoncooks

I just saw these last night. They were advertised on the back of the magazine I was reading...I wonder how they compare price-wise...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 09:05 PM  
Fitstick

Wow, everyone is coming out with these now! I would like a pair of the sketchers!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 09:31 PM  
kat_b

Very much like my MBTs, which I love, but much more reasonable. I feel a shopping spree coming on.......
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 09:51 PM  
adrien_73

So do these shoes actually work, or is it just a gimmick?
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 10:04 PM  
kat_b

I don't really know about my MBTs from a tush/toning perspective, but they have really helped alleviate hip and knee pain.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 10:20 PM  
Gaylene

These look great; thanks for the link Denise. I'll have to check out Kohl's . The narrator in the video sounded like Petra Kolber!
Gaylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-09, 12:15 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylene View Post
These look great; thanks for the link Denise. I'll have to check out Kohl's . The narrator in the video sounded like Petra Kolber!
Gaylene that is what I thought immediately--that is Petra! I wonder if it is!

Edited to add that over on yaya's I posted this info and Tiffany posted she worked with Petra on this very add so YEP, it was Petra!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine

Last edited by Denise R; 12-18-09 at 12:23 AM. Reason: found my answer!
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-09, 08:20 AM  
Gaylene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Gaylene that is what I thought immediately--that is Petra! I wonder if it is!

Edited to add that over on yaya's I posted this info and Tiffany posted she worked with Petra on this very add so YEP, it was Petra!
Hee hee! We're hopeless vidiots when we can even recognize a faceless voice, aren't we? I ordered last night from www.famousfootwear.com . They have buy 1 get 2nd pair for 50% off. I'm taking time off from running for 2 months and will be doing a lot of walking, so I think these will be great. I don't know about all the wild claims out there for engineered footwear, but I do know that I started wearing FitFlops and nothing but as soon as I came home form work each day. Almost immediately, my back pain disappeared completely, and my knees started feeling much better.
Gaylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-09, 09:14 AM  
bubbles76

Where can you get the Sketchers Shape Ups? I have been meaning to get a pair for awhile due to hip and knee pain. Don't need the butt toning benefits, although that would be a plus.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote