Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-13-09, 02:51 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb1 View Post
I have to say, I didn't like the "30 Minutes to Weights" workout (traded it!), but I absolutely **love** Muscle Definition (two snaps up!) IMO, the music is a lot better (nice instrumental versions of the Bee Gees "You Should Be Dancin'", Chicago's "Saturday in the Park", Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke" and "Superstitious" are some that I remember.) I also felt the moves flowed better, and I like the chapter menu & pre-mixes a LOT better! And my arms were TOAST when I was done (I did both 30-minute workouts back to back.)
O thank gosh...I was one who didn't like Weights but impulsively bought MD anyways (but haven't tried it yet)...I'm glad there's someone out there that says MD is better than Weights!!
Old 10-14-09, 05:25 AM  
Cher

Quote:
I have to say, I didn't like the "30 Minutes to Weights" workout (traded it!), but I absolutely **love** Muscle Definition (two snaps up!) IMO, the music is a lot better (nice instrumental versions of the Bee Gees "You Should Be Dancin'", Chicago's "Saturday in the Park", Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke" and "Superstitious" are some that I remember.) I also felt the moves flowed better, and I like the chapter menu & pre-mixes a LOT better! And my arms were TOAST when I was done (I did both 30-minute workouts back to back.)
Well now you have me rethinking taking it off my wish list. Oh what to do?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09, 06:57 AM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post
O thank gosh...I was one who didn't like Weights but impulsively bought MD anyways (but haven't tried it yet)...I'm glad there's someone out there that says MD is better than Weights!!
Patti, I'd love to know what YOU think of Muscle Definition when you try it, just to reassure myself that I'm not crazy for liking it when I didn't like "Weights!"
Old 10-14-09, 07:29 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
I could almost have written your post, except that I didn't trade Weights and still do it very occasionally. But something about those exercises tweak my back and there are too many pushup segments for me, including that dreaded nose-chest-hips move! I end up subbing some moves, which is not my favorite thing to do.

But I Muscle Definition and agree that the exercises are more fun, feel effective and flow together better. Love doing it and how I feel afterward - worked but refreshed - and the music is MUCH better too. Kelly got these last 3 just right to me!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09, 12:36 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Patti, I'd love to know what YOU think of Muscle Definition when you try it, just to reassure myself that I'm not crazy for liking it when I didn't like "Weights!"
I'll see if I can get to it this weekend...
Old 10-14-09, 12:50 PM  
cmishel
VF Supporter

I really didn't like 30 minutes to weights for some reason and traded it away, but I really like her Muscle Definition. If that helps.
cmishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09, 05:37 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I have both Weights and MD. I like both but if I had to pick just one, I'd pick Muscle Development. Right now I'm doing her 30 minute rotation and sometimes I balk for a minute when it says Weights - although when I get going, I love it and feel it.

Muscle Development has like one compound move in each of the workouts (here's the chart: http://www.coffeyfit.com/catalog/Cof...koutSheets.pdf) and the rest of it alternates upper-lower-upper for the most part. She has several premixes and a great 'old school' ab routine that I am feeling today!

I really like MD - you might give it a whirl. Check out the clip at totalfitnessdvds.com or at Kelly's site (I *think* you'll have to search for it on the board at coffeyfit.com).

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 09:55 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Reviving old thread...

...in hopes that those who really like MD will say more specifically what they love about it. I own 30 Min to Fitness Weights and like it a lot, but I am thinking about purchasing MD too (I also have NYC). Unfortunately, no one has yet written a review of this one.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote