Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-18, 06:59 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I have a treadmill and don't use it at all. It just takes up space in my workout room. We got it few years ago primarily for my husband but he hasn't been on it for couple of years. Unlike me, he doesn't like to exert himself, so the TM just sits there and hogs space. I much prefer to use my rebounder. I would get rid of it, but my husband swears he'll start using it "tomorrow", and that of course never comes.
Old 09-20-18, 07:14 AM  
Indy

I have had a treadmill for years - used it off and on but never regularly. Now, I rarely get on it. I have always preferred walking or running outside.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 08:10 AM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I'm the opposite of many. I love my treadmill and I wish it had an odometer because it has about a million miles on it... I love that I can walk ALL UPHILL if I want to!!

But, here's where I'm the opposite of many, I LOVE to walk outside in adverse weather; give me a good blizzard and I'll go to battle! Wind, rain, let me at it! Cold? Gear up, baby! I LAUGH in the face of wind chills!

But a hot sunny summer day leaves me slain. I am a melted puddle on the floor. I don't know whether to throw up or pass out.

So my treadmill gets most of its workouts in the SUMMER, when most people are outside saying "oh isn't this lovely?"
You sound just like me!!!! I absolutely abhor walking outdoors in the summer. Anything above 75 degrees is too warm for me and I'm indoors. I love walking outdoors in cold weather too, but not the negatives, blizzards, or rain. I draw the line on that.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 08:34 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have a treadmill and an elliptical, and I use them both on a regular basis. I would like to walk outdoors more, but I live on a busy road with no sidewalks nearby. I can't imagine not having my cardio equipment

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 08:47 AM  
JessicaW

I use my treadmill fairly regularly. On my headphones I will listen to an episode of itread and follow the "walkers" instruction as her instructions for "runners" and "joggers" is way over the top. I also watch a virtual active dvd at the same time. So, I've got a lot going on to keep me entertained. But I love it and get a great workout this way!
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 10:14 AM  
buffmama

Had one. Got rid of it. I'm more fit doing other workouts.
Old 09-20-18, 12:36 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW View Post
I use my treadmill fairly regularly. On my headphones I will listen to an episode of itread and follow the "walkers" instruction as her instructions for "runners" and "joggers" is way over the top. I also watch a virtual active dvd at the same time. So, I've got a lot going on to keep me entertained. But I love it and get a great workout this way!
This is me too, lol! But I listen to a Cardio Coach or iTread while watching Cathe Live or Beachbody On Demand on mute.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 02:02 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Never had one but I do belong to a gym mostly for access to the machines. I live in the AZ desert where it's usually a million degrees through the summer (think 90 degrees and 60% humidity at 5 AM) and I still prefer to run outside!

That said, I recently got a bike trainer and am really enjoying that. I have several run routes that keep me away from the streets, but it's impossible to do that on a bike, so the trainer is a safer option.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 03:33 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

It seems like I’ve always had a treadmill - 3 different ones over the past 30 years. I did religiously use all of them, but haven’t used the last one in several years. I used it every day as I worked my way through all the seasons of Dexter on DVD, but then retired and started walking outside with hubby every day instead. I also discovered Leslie and then jessica Smith’s walks and have never gone back to my treadmill. It’s currently piled with stuff going to the Goodwill, but it’s not going along.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 05:53 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

If there's a TV program or DVD series my DH isn't interested in watching, it's a great time for me to walk on my treadmill. Since developing PF, the impact of using a Leslie or Jessica walk was better on my feet for a time and couldn't take the higher impact on a treadmill or the repetitive motion. If I need a change of pace, I'll pop in a Virtual Active DVD and walk for a bit on my treadmill. I just can't do that daily but periodically is fine.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote