Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-18, 08:10 PM  
Genevieve M

vibration machines, lymphatic drainage and weight loss

Hello,

I have been researching whole body vibration machines (wbv)/vibration plates for a while now, and finally broke down and bought the Zaaz, which is sold at Costco.

Such a big committment. I have fears that it will wind up collecting dust like many treadmills that people buy and abandon.

So my questions are:

- does anyone else have one of these machines? If so, do you give it workout?
- benefits/results?

From what I understand, these machines help with lymphatic draining as opposed to raising your heart rate. Does anyone do other types of lymphatic drainage, and have these had an impact on your exercise goals?

Thanks for any info you can give.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-18, 09:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I have no experience with the machines but saw them being demo'ed in Costco.

the lymphatic draining - I heard about that being touted for rebounding.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 05:28 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

What I'm doing:

T-Tapp
Prancing and other exercises on a new Bosu (instead of a reounder --bought after reading here how most who bought one don't use it ).
Dry skin brushing
Graduated compression leg sleeves/socks -- luv these.
Old 09-19-18, 07:05 AM  
Lannette

My personal belief is that a body in alignment with full range of motion is going to pump lymph more efficiently. I do think having unhealthy arteries and veins can impact lymph Flow simply because of the stress inefficient blood return and resulting edema puts on the body.

Have a vibration plate - It’s a model that looks like an oversized scale. It doesn’t feel at all like a workout. It feels great. I haven’t been using it much at all lately. I tend to cycle it in and out of my rotations. I see it more as Relaxation and to me it feels Massage-like. Maybe that’s because I don’t do exercises on it.

Bellicon rebounder - paid full price but it’s one of my best fitness investments. I never go too long without using it. The difference between springs and bungees is incredible.

Skin brushing - Daily, I use what I consider to be a blaster brush. I still like my Fascia blaster but my brush with bristles and nubs doesn’t require me to oil up in order to use it.

Massage: DH and I are both massage therapists. Massage moves lymph like nothing else.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 07:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I use the Beauty Angel Total Body Transformation booth at Planet Fitness around once a week. I jiggle away like crazy on the vibration platform for 12 minutes and feel very good afterward. I wonder if the vibration is as good as jumping on a rebounder? In any event I have less joint pain for the rest of the day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 12:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I use the Beauty Angel Total Body Transformation booth at Planet Fitness around once a week. I jiggle away like crazy on the vibration platform for 12 minutes and feel very good afterward. I wonder if the vibration is as good as jumping on a rebounder? In any event I have less joint pain for the rest of the day.
That very interesting Pat, thanks for sharing! I would think it probably has more lymph drainage effect than a rebounder, but the rebounder has the added cardio component you wouldn’t get with the machine.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 02:44 PM  
SueT

Lannette, which brush are you using? Are you using it like Teresa Tapp uses a brush to body brush, or do you use some of Ashley Black’s techniques? Having to use oil with the fascia blaster is definitely a pain.

Thanks for any information you can share.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 03:25 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Lannette, which brush are you using? Are you using it like Teresa Tapp uses a brush to body brush, or do you use some of Ashley Black’s techniques? Having to use oil with the fascia blaster is definitely a pain.

Thanks for any information you can share.

Sue
It’s THIS BRUSH. I got it from Amazon. I mostly use it with Teresa's brushing method but when I think about it I also mix in some of the Fascia Blaster techniques as well. I’m just lazy about the oil.

I tried to post a picture of it but can’t.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 06:35 PM  
SueT

Thanks so much, Lannette! I never saw a brush like that before. It’s in my Amazon cart already!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 08:03 PM  
videofit

Do the machines look like this? Ignore first few seconds of women doing floor work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfBW8DlH64o

Tags
equipment gathering dust, lymphatic system, vibration machine