Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-18, 07:00 AM  
Rhonda

Legs Everyday

I know there was a rotation a long time ago that worked legs everyday. Does anyone recall what it was called or have it?

Does anyone have suggestions for working legs everyday or at least 5 days a week?

Right now I am spinning and my thighs are not shaping up and I know you cannot spot reduce but it seems they are getting flabbier and I would like to tighten them up. So was trying to think of a rotation I could do.

I don't want to spend hours or anything, I was thinking maybe 20 minutes average a day (one day standing, one day floor, maybe one day pilates, something like that).

Just curious to see if anyone had suggestions.
Thanks!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 07:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

My suggestion would be to work independent muscle groups on alternating days - quads one day, hamstrings next, calves next, outer/inner thighs with some floor work, repeat. Just a thought.

If I worked total legs one day and was sore, I think I'd die if I had to do that all week.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 11:26 AM  
desderata

A long time ago, a woman trainer created a program where you worked your legs almost everyday. I *think* it may have been called Freestyle training? Her theory was that by working your legs high rep with little to no rest you would prevent bulking. If I can remember anything else, I'll post it.

I did a forum search for Freestyle training and found this:

http://96.30.11.231/~vfwnk/forum/sho...d.php?t=184543

Laura Dayton was the trainer and she wrote a book called "The Lower Body Solution."
https://www.amazon.com/Lower-Body-So.../dp/0966275225
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 01:54 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Freestyle training is what I was thinking of as well. I think it would work. Gymnasts, Ballerina's, etc-those that do "leg work" daily or train daily have beautiful legs. Just look at Misty Copeland. Her legs are gorgeous! I can see varying the type of leg work, say weighted one day, floor work the next, etc. I'd love to see what type of rotation you are thinking of.

https://mistycopeland.com/

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 02:39 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Do you use resistance when you spin? I run three times a week and usually do weights 3x as well. I see the most improvement when I'm also spinning though! I go to class and they go pretty heavy on the resistance.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 04:21 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Freestyle

I always think of the Slim in 6 and Slim Series, as they work legs almost every day.
Old 08-13-18, 06:38 PM  
Tugger31

My legs were looking their best when I was doing mostly walking as my longer, steady state cardio or adding a short cardio session to my workout, nothing longer than 15 minutes a few times a week and doing Cathe's Great Glutes and her Lean Legs & Abs each once a week, unweighted and then another day of all floor work, mostly Ballet Beautiful. I'm a meso/endo type.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 11:27 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I have a vague memory of a rotation called the Generic Lower Body solution, but can't find it.
It might have had a lot of the Firm Standing Legs.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-18, 06:27 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Freestyle training is what I was thinking of as well. I think it would work. Gymnasts, Ballerina's, etc-those that do "leg work" daily or train daily have beautiful legs. Just look at Misty Copeland. Her legs are gorgeous! I can see varying the type of leg work, say weighted one day, floor work the next, etc. I'd love to see what type of rotation you are thinking of.

https://mistycopeland.com/
Hi Denise - I am experimenting but right now doing 15-20 minutes of spinning (either low or high resistance, depending on the peloton class I take) and then right after doing legs. This week looks like this:

Monday - spin/standing portion of Cathes legs/abs (I just did the legs and not the arm movements as I don't care for compound movements)

tuesday - spin/floor legs from Cathes Pure Strength

Wed - spin/thinking of a section from Cathe's Great Glutes

Thurs - spin/pilates floor

Fri - spin/yoga to stretch everything out

Sat/Sun - easy spin and not sure if I will do legs or put in classical stretch or something.

Since I am just starting this it probably will change each week so I can get other workouts in but plan on the standing/floor to stay the same just different DVDs.

any suggestions is always welcomed.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote