Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-20-18, 03:11 PM  
rheash92

Hi Kathy

Does Autumn do all the workouts in rounds? Meaning do one round of all exercises then start back on top and repeat for the next rounds or are there some workouts where she does all sets of a single exercise then move on the next exercise? I’m trying to preview but every time I download a workout it downloads in Spanish. Don’t know what’s going on with that. Thanks.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-18, 06:24 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Hi Kathy

Does Autumn do all the workouts in rounds? Meaning do one round of all exercises then start back on top and repeat for the next rounds or are there some workouts where she does all sets of a single exercise then move on the next exercise? I’m trying to preview but every time I download a workout it downloads in Spanish. Don’t know what’s going on with that. Thanks.
Hi rheash92! The almost two weeks I’ve completed so far are done in that manner. You do the entire round then repeat once or twice. Hopefully someone else who has completed the entire program can tell you if that changes.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-18, 08:55 PM  
Loriann

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Hi Kathy

Week 1 is a set of 15-16 reps per exercise using med weights. Do all the exercises, start from the beginning and repeat each exercise in order for 15-16 reps.

Week 2 is 10 reps each per exercise (using heavier weights). Do all the exercises, cycle back to the top and repeat, then cycle back and repeat again for a total of three rounds. For me, this is the toughest week.

Week 3, she divides the exercises into groups of 3 or 4. You do 10 reps of each exercise using heavier weights, go do those 3 or 4 exercises again, do them a third time, and then they are done for the day and you go to the next grouping. This is my favorite week.

Week 4, she continues to divide the exercises into the same groups of 3-4 exercises but now you do only 2 rounds of 15-16 reps each using a slightly lighter weight than last week before moving on to the next group.

Hopefully that makes sense. You do the same exercises each week for 4 weeks but because of the rep pattern and the different weights and bands used, the workout feels different each time.

Lori
Old 04-22-18, 12:38 PM  
savvychica4

So I started back to 80 Day today and couldn't be happier. I am leaving on vacation in roughly a month so rather than starting back at Day 1, I have decided to make my own sort of "Peak Month" rotation. For the next month, I am going to do the third week of every phase. I chose week 3 because that's the week where you do the exercises in small groups (3-4 exercises) for 10 reps for 3 rounds. I love this pattern because it really allows me to lift heavy and really exhaust my muscles. I will end my month long rotation by doing peak week which will take me right up to our vacation.

Today's workout was Phase 1 Day 15, Total Body Core. I'll be honest 1-2 exercises in I started to question whether or not I would like doing a rotation like this because it has been several months since I've done this workout and since I was jumping in at week 3 Autumn jumps right into the exercises with little to no setup/instruction (which makes complete sense if you are doing the program in the correct order, lol). However, since I am not following the program in order it took me a second to familiarize myself with the moves again. Thankfully, by the third or fourth exercise I started to get back into my groove. Just like in peak week it was fun to revisit exercises from phase 1 but now be able to go much heavier and use stronger bands. I got a really good workout in and can't wait for tomorrow's workout! I think I am going to have a lot of fun doing this rotation...it's going to be nice challenge.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!
savvychica4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-18, 08:53 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Thanks Loriann for explaining the weekly exercise sequencing! I did the first workout of Phase 1 - Week 3 and see what you mean about the groupings. I really liked this sequence much better than last week!

Savvychica4, great rotation plan! I think hitting the best week of each phase will give you variety (and keep your body guessing). I can see doing something similar myself once I'm through a whole round. Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Day 6: Cardio Flow - Time: 30 Minutes

Equipment: None

This workout is bodyweight only and is done in a ladder fashion with four reps for each exercise. You do the first exercise, go back and do the first exercise again and add the next exercise, start back at the top do the first two exercises, add on the third. You do this until you've reached the 10th exercise. After that, you do the entire exercise sequence all the way through two more times.

1) Inch Worms
2) Spiderman push ups
3) X jumps (front and back)
4) Flamingo (balancing on one foot, extend your other leg back)
5) Duck Walks
6) Gorilla (hands on ground, scoot left, scoot right)
7) In and Outs (in plank, twist on one hand, bring foot through repeat other side)
8) Bear Crawl
9) Crab Kicks (in crab position do tricep dip, touch right foot, touch left foot)
10) Donkey Kick into Frog Jump

This is the make-up workout that I missed in week 1 because of the race. I decided to do it instead of the Cardio Flow for the second week because I thought Autumn might go slower or demo the moves. Wow, this workout has NO real breaks and you move from round to round. I was sweating profusely by the end for an all body weight workout that's mostly lower impact. It's also hard on your elbows, wrists and shoulders because of all the floor moves (and the 48 inchworms!) I found this quick demo someone did on You Tube of the whole flow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfKeK_Y8Gyw

I also ran/walked 4 miles on Sunday. I need to do a longer run this week because my 10 Mile Race is in two weeks!

Day 14: Stretch and Release - Time: 16 Minutes

This is a very short stretch workout that only requires a mat.

Day 15: Total Body Core - Time: 60 Minutes

Same exercises as Day 2.

Equipment: Weights (heavy, medium, and light), loops, mat

Savvychica4 explained the exercise sequence very well in her post so I won't repeat. I will say that I enjoyed doing it this way much better than week 2, it didn't seem as grueling but Autumn doesn't explain or demo the moves anymore. She just jumps right in assuming you know them already. It's good but there's no time for water breaks unless you push pause (which I didn't have time to do this morning!)
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 04-24-18, 08:44 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Day 16: Booty - Time: 55 Minutes

Each exercise is done for 10 reps and there are three rounds.

Equipment: Resistance Loops (yellow, green, blue), Mat (optional).

The exercises are the same as Day 2 but the sequence changed again. Autumn had you do all three rounds for each three exercise series before moving on to the next series. Some of the floor moves she had you do all three exercises on one leg before switching. And there was no down time between each set. Oh my GOODNESS! My butt was on FIRE! I was happy when we moved on to the standing portion!

Last night I made a commitment to myself to eat better. I do well during the day because I pack my food for work. It's the night time after dinner stuff that gets me. I enlisted a work friend who is trying to eat healthier to check on me (I'm logging in MyFitnessPal). I know we can't talk diet specifics so I hope this doesn't violate the rules. I just don't want to get to the end of the program and regret that I didn't nail that part down!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 04-25-18, 08:41 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Day 17: Cardio Core - Time: 36 Minutes

Equipment: Sliders

The exercises are the same as Day 3. The only change was that Autumn gave you a choice of using one or two sliders for the pikes. I did the first set with two sliders but felt it more in my quads for some reason so I went back to one for the final ab/core run through. I still have to modify the side plank moves, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do them "unmodified" by the end of this phase. Room for me to get stronger there, for sure.

I enjoyed having a "short" day today. The next two workouts are 55 and 51 minutes so it's short lived, lol.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 04-25-18, 02:09 PM  
shannonb

Hi Kathy! Looks like you are still moving along! I was on another Cardio Flow day today. I don't think I will ever get through that one without resting/modifying. I'm thinking I will just keep doing the set of 4's in Phase 1 because I can't imagine doing 6 of each in Phase 2. I feel like I am just flopping around on the floor during the transitions between bear, crab and mule/frog. I don't know how they all do it and make it look so effortless!

Now I just need to improve my nutrition!
shannonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-18, 10:03 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonb View Post
Hi Kathy! Looks like you are still moving along! I was on another Cardio Flow day today. I don't think I will ever get through that one without resting/modifying. I'm thinking I will just keep doing the set of 4's in Phase 1 because I can't imagine doing 6 of each in Phase 2. I feel like I am just flopping around on the floor during the transitions between bear, crab and mule/frog. I don't know how they all do it and make it look so effortless!

Now I just need to improve my nutrition!
Hi Shannon! Oh my goodness, I hear you on the fast transitions during Cardio Flow! I've only done it one time and it's definitely my LEAST favorite workout of the program. Ugh, we have to do it 13 times too! I still have one to make up and I have two more races before the 80 days is up. My nightmare would be to have three Cardio Flows to do at the end, lol! Yep, the nutrition part is the hardest for me too!

Well today I ran/walked 10 miles to prepare for my race next weekend. I'll have to do AAA, Legs, and Cardio Flow on Fri, Sat, and Sun this week. I don't want to fall behind! Oh and of course Cathe is doing all my favorite types of workouts on Cathe Live since I started this program! Lol! I plan to do three weeks of just Cathe Lives in July before the Cathe RT. It's my treat to look forward to at the end of this 13 weeks.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 04-26-18, 09:10 PM  
Loriann

Kathy,great job on doing a 10 miler today! Oh my goodness. I was tired from doing just this program along with my nightly walk. I can’t imagine throwing a 10 mile walk/run into the mix!

Shannon and Kathy, I agree with your assessment of Cardio Flow. I hated it at first so it was the one I ditched if my schedule got tight or I missed Cathe. Weird thing happened the last few weeks though..... I kind of like it now. Disclaimer- I have only done it 6 times in 13 weeks and I still haven’t done the phase 3 version of 8 reps, but it is a lot easier for me now and so it doesn’t seem so tedious. In peak week, she does 4 reps of each exercise, but doesn’t use the add-on version. Just does 4 reps of inchworm, immediately followed by 4 reps of spider, then 4 reps of diamond jumps, etc. for 10 rounds. I liked that version a lot.

Tomorrow is day 80 for me. I am happy and sad at the same time. Except for Cathe’s STS, I have never followed a rotation this closely for this long. I plan to catch up on Cathe Lives, do some Yvette Bachman, and definitely add in some booty workouts from 80 Day Obsession. I might even do those last few Cardio Flows

I plan on following your journey as well. Good luck!
Lori

Tags
80 day obsession, bbod 80 day obsession, bod, clam, eccentric weight training, joel freeman, liift4, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal