Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-16, 06:53 AM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Today Only - Free 30 days at LesMills On Demand

EDIT: This deal has passed, but you can still get 10 free days.

I can't participate in this offer because I have already been using this On Demand service on and off for the past year, but I thought some people here might want to try it.

I'm answering obvious questions before they are asked:

The On Demand includes these workouts: Combat, BodyPump, Grit, CXWorx, BodyFlow, RPM and Sh'bam and a few random releases. There are about 8-10 workouts from all series, except Grit, which has more since there are 3 types of Grit workouts.

Does NOT include: BodyAttack, BodyStep, BodyJam, BodyVive

Full Workouts?: Many of the workouts are shortened, however, they have full length workouts now as well. (When they started they all were 30 minutes.) Right now there are 3 full length Combat workouts and 5 BodyPump, and more of RPM and BodyBalance. All CXWorx and Grit workouts are the full workouts because those are only 30 minutes workouts at the clubs.

Music: The music is all covers, but still mostly great (especially when compared to other workout vidoes.)

Canceling: It is very easy to cancel so even if you have to give your credit card to participate in the trial, if you set a reminder for yourself to cancel in 29 days, you won't need to pay anything. The last time I canceled it canceled me right away, so wait until the end.

New Workouts: They add a new workout every week. Sometimes the new workout is just the full length workout of the shorter workout that is already in the collection.

Les Mills has new Releases for instructors every quarter. The OnDemand workouts are a few releases behind. For example the newest BodyPump release is #99. OnDemand the newest is #95. They will probably release #96 this quarter.

It is great way to try Les Mills since they don't sell workouts to non-instructors. I have been subscribed for at least 5-6 months out of 2016 and I haven't even used all the workouts yet.
Old 10-25-16, 07:37 AM  
lizr

I think I'm going to try this. I love the combat DVD's I have. I'm intrigued by bodypump. Is there one that's better for a first timer?

Thanks!
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-16, 07:43 AM  
sherry7899

I have a stupid question-how do you stream these? I'd have to borrow my DH's laptop to use them. I don't have a smart tv, or Roku, etc.

Thanks!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-16, 08:50 AM  
MARIKA

Thanks Lisa, This is one site that always had me interested too.
Old 10-25-16, 08:51 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Thank you!!!! I just signed up. This may be just what I need to get me back exercising....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-16, 08:52 AM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Sherry, you can hook up the laptop to the TV using an HDMI cable.

Or if you have an iPhone or iPad there is an HDMI adapter that will allow you to use an HDMI cable also.

There are probably adapters for other phones/tablets as well.

There is a Samsung app for LM that works on Smart TVs (just sharing that for others). I use that and also use the HDMI cable at times because the app hasn't always worked for me.

The adapters are not cheap, but once you buy one, it opens up the entire world on online workouts and that would work for anything you can access through a browser.
Old 10-25-16, 08:56 AM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Oh and here is the link:

https://www.lesmills.com/us/ondemand/
Old 10-25-16, 08:57 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Lisa!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-16, 08:59 AM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizr View Post
I think I'm going to try this. I love the combat DVD's I have. I'm intrigued by bodypump. Is there one that's better for a first timer?

Thanks!
There are eight 30 minute BodyPump workouts. They are what is recommended for people new to BodyPump. Use light weights. These are HIGH rep workouts so use less weight than you think you should. Don't look at what the instructors are using or you might get discouraged!

One thing I love about Les Mills is that they offer many options for all levels in all of their workouts. And a few on the stage are usually following the modifications.
Old 10-25-16, 12:48 PM  
lizr

thanks, Lisa!
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote