Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-18, 10:45 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
After the age of 50, men have to have the dreaded prostate exam. "Drop your shorts and bend over."
My GYN does a version of this (obviously not prostate!) during every yearly exam, so I can't feel too bad for the men...and don't forget that women have to get yearly mammograms, too!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 12:46 PM  
Gams

If I hadn't had an itch, I don't know how long it would have been before hey discovered my anal cancer AND when I first went to the doctor about it, she prescribed me some kind of cream that didn't work, so I went back. I don't remember if it was the second or third visit before she finally did a biopsy.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 01:08 PM  
donnamp

Oh my gosh, Gams! That is scary that such an innocent sounding symptom could be serious.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 01:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
If I hadn't had an itch, I don't know how long it would have been before hey discovered my anal cancer AND when I first went to the doctor about it, she prescribed me some kind of cream that didn't work, so I went back. I don't remember if it was the second or third visit before she finally did a biopsy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Oh my gosh, Gams! That is scary that such an innocent sounding symptom could be serious.

Donna
yes, it's good to follow up on those. after giving birth, and sorry for the TMI, but it's related, I had that itching sensation as well, and my ob-gyn said I had a very small hemorrhoid, normal for women who give birth vaginally. after my 3rd delivery, he offered to remove it in-patient. years later when I did my c-scopy. the doc noticed that it had been done, which I confirmed. he said it was not inflamed, that it was fine.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 04:19 PM  
videofit

I did the Cologuard recently. Never knew that was an option. Still awaiting results. If I ever get a colonoscopy I'd like to be awake to watch it. I've always been interested in health and medical related topics.
Old 09-24-18, 06:18 PM  
donnamp

I had my consult today - if my DH can get the day off i go on October 11th for the procedure. I'm doing the Suprep - any words of wisdom on that method? (It all sounds ghastly!!!)

videofit - I asked the Dr. if not being sedated was an option and she said yes and that she has done them on patients without being sedated - she did, however, tell me that she wouldn't recommend it for me - she said for small women it is more difficult - which sort of makes sense, I suppose, less room. She also said since women have other parts in there - uterus, etc. it is more difficult.

Anyway, wish me luck. I both hope and don't hope my DH can get the day off to take me..

Donna
Old 09-24-18, 06:20 PM  
Carol K

My words of wisdom on the SuPrep are: just chug it down and think about all the people who had to drink Trilyte, which tastes just as nasty, but there's four times as much and there's no way you can chug it down.
Old 09-24-18, 06:21 PM  
Erica H.

Donna - hope your DH can get the time off so you can just get it over with and move on! And you're right - all the preps are ghastly!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 06:22 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
My words of wisdom on the SuPrep are: just chug it down and think about all the people who had to drink Trilyte, which tastes just as nasty, but there's four times as much and there's no way you can chug it down.
I had the Trilyte (gallon of gag!). I've also done the Miralax/Dulcolax prep twice and will do it a third time next month.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 06:27 PM  
donnamp

Thanks Everyone!!

I didn't think to ask this - but what are the difference between all the preps?

My DH has had a few colonoscopies - I know one time he had to drink some prescription concoction - in fact, it was probably the one that caused renal failure. His first one was in 2002 and I think that (whatever it was) was taken off the market)

And the last two I think were ducolax and miralax.

I was googling Suprep and I guess it is relatively new - approved in 2010???

Anyway - it all sounds awful.....

Donna

Tags
cancer, colonoscopy, colonoscopy prep, diverticulitis, medical tests, polyps