Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-18, 08:13 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've also done this. Since I workout at home, my workout sneakers never leave the house and I only wear them for working out so they tend to last a long time. I recently bought a new pair of Ryka trainers because a VFer had posted about a sale Ryka was having in the Bargain Watch section recently and they are great! So I hope to have those for many years. I wish companies wouldn't be so quick to discontinue items though. Just when you find something that works really well for you, it disappears!
Old 08-29-18, 08:37 PM  
rhbrand

Try Poshmark. Might be able to find a slightly used pair for not much money.
Old 08-30-18, 06:04 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I just think it's really cool that you used the word, egregious.
Old 08-30-18, 06:26 AM  
Rhonda

I still wear a tshirt from 1989 - yep 30 years old. Figure heck the shirt is still good enough to workout in. I have a couple others from 1992, the way I know is because they have the years on them. 1992 was when I was on a womens softball league and we won the championship so we got tshirts. 1989 was when I was working at a company and they gave out tshirts due to opening a 1000 stores. they still work, no holes. I wash and wear 5-6 different tshirts a week.

I am still trying to find the perfect tenni shoe. I went and bought some nikes and really don't like them but it is what I wear. I used to by rykas but the last few years I just don't care for them. so shoes I do change out a bit more often.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 07:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

The way shoes are made today sucks. Keep them until they walk away on their own!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 07:49 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
The way shoes are made today sucks. Keep them until they walk away on their own!
I agree! I am still mourning the AVIA cross trainers I had years ago that I loved. Of course they discontinued them. I never found another type I liked as much.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 10:47 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I wonder if that is the model I have? Are they leather? I still have mine and use for when it's wet out and I am out with the dog in the yard or walking in the winter. They are still the best shoes I have ever owned and still are supportive and comfy. I think I bought them about 15+ years ago!! It's hard to find good sturdy athletic shoes anymore. The overpriced light weight mesh material shoe, is comfy and all, but they don't last long.
marki64 - Yes, they are black leather. See if you can still find the model number in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I just think it's really cool that you used the word, egregious.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-18, 12:34 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

My Champion workout shorts from the early 2000s have been re-purposed as pajamas and a lot of my workout tanks are at least five years old (and still truckin'). Ditto my yoga pants which I don't replace until the waistband is loose... as minor tears/holes aren't an issue when I'm working out in the comfort of my own home
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-18, 07:37 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

No shame! I bought a pair of Hoka One One's that I bought for the 2016 Avon 39 -- so some training, plus 39 miles there, plus many many many more miles since then. Still wearing them. I asked my husband when should a person buy new ones and he said "if they're not falling apart, why would you buy new ones?" Well, I know a different answer to that, but I've decided to go with "indeed.... why do I need new ones?"
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-18, 08:50 PM  
marki64

I have Under Armour workout shorts that I bought in 2006 at Ross that I still wear regularly and has withstood wash after wash, workout after workout and they still look great. The best ones I've owned. They don't ride up the legs. I just can't part with them. I think I paid about $10 bucks for them.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross-trainer shoes, egregious, new balance, vintage shoes