Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-16-18, 06:17 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
Sorry to jump in again! From what I have read, it is variable wind resistance, similar to the Airdyne and Assault Air Bikes. (As you pedal harder, the resistance increases) It also has a belt rather than chain so would be minimal maintenance, if not maintenance free...and quiet. (Assault has a chain)

The only "negative" I read was in relation to other fan bikes. There are no "handles" to work upper body, but if using as a spin bike that would not be a deal-breaker for me. (I use light weights for upper body when I use my spin bike).

I want one!!!
Thanks, not the type I am looking for.
so not sure how this type of bike would work with peloton when they call a cadence and resistance.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-18, 11:43 AM  
flower22

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I've never been interested in spinning, but I just moved into a new apartment, and the gym at my complex has 5 brand new Peloton bikes! I think I will definitely have to check them out Although, I think I'll feel awkward trying to figure it out at first, so maybe my first attempt will be really late at night when nobody else is there
I felt the same way, unfortunately my gym is always busy! I'm sure I looked foolish the first time I came out of my seat to position 2, but I did it anyway. I started using the Peloton a few weeks ago, and can't believe how much I love it! I took a few spin classes at my gym but really prefer the Peloton. The music is great! Have fun!
flower22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-18, 01:42 PM  
mimikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
does it have a resistance knob? I don't see one in the pictures so is it easy to change resistance?
There's a lever that you move from 1-10 on the flywheel/fan that changes resistance. Works for me but definitely not the same as having a knob up top. I love it already though . If I had an extra $40 a month vs the $12 for the app, I would have considered the nice Peloton bike. I just bought a Landice treadmill so $$ was a consideration.

I did my first beginner ride today. I that app! I've done the treadmill and yoga workouts too. Great for the variety junkie that I am
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-18, 05:17 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower22 View Post
I felt the same way, unfortunately my gym is always busy! I'm sure I looked foolish the first time I came out of my seat to position 2, but I did it anyway. I started using the Peloton a few weeks ago, and can't believe how much I love it! I took a few spin classes at my gym but really prefer the Peloton. The music is great! Have fun!
Thanks! That makes me feel better Luckily, it's just a gym for our complex which is brand new and still not fully occupied (they only just finished the gym 2 weeks ago!), and there's never anyone there at night, so I should have time to practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Wow, that is great! Have fun, and enjoy your new home
Thank you Sherry!! I'm loving it already
Old 08-17-18, 09:21 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimikz View Post
There's a lever that you move from 1-10 on the flywheel/fan that changes resistance. Works for me but definitely not the same as having a knob up top. I love it already though . If I had an extra $40 a month vs the $12 for the app, I would have considered the nice Peloton bike. I just bought a Landice treadmill so $$ was a consideration.

I did my first beginner ride today. I that app! I've done the treadmill and yoga workouts too. Great for the variety junkie that I am
I love the app. I am not getting peloton bike too much and I am not spending $40 a month on the app. I will keep my $12 app and get a bike. Right now I use my old Johnny g. I am considering the Keiser bike. I believe it has everything but leaderboard which I don’t need.

Just waiting to save money. No hurry as I use my other bike. I am sure it will be a difference when I do get a new bike
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-18, 08:03 PM  
toomuchjoy

Sorry...resurrecting zombie thread here.

For those that have the Peloton app and have tried the bootcamp and strength workouts -- do these use good real music and does the class move to the beat? I'm soooooo sick of being off the beat.

Thanks!!
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-18, 02:40 PM  
jennstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchjoy View Post
Sorry...resurrecting zombie thread here.

For those that have the Peloton app and have tried the bootcamp and strength workouts -- do these use good real music and does the class move to the beat? I'm soooooo sick of being off the beat.

Thanks!!

Yes they use real music, all genres, and it's amazing. And I believe they do go to the beat. You can get the Peloton app free trial for 14 days and try it out.

The awesome music is one reason I don't buy dvds or stream from services with fake music. It makes such a difference!
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-18, 03:25 AM  
ADoll

Exciting new things with Peloton- available in Android as beta, you can see your cadence on your monitor if using a Wahoo cadence as well as your HR, and you can see other riders now and give them a high-five.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-18, 06:59 AM  
sherry7899

The app does not work on Kindle Fire. Drat! I only have an old tube TV in the room with my bike. I could drag my husband's laptop in there, but I would prefer not to do that. Supposedly the android app is working now. I have a ton of my own music to use, so I don't really NEED to use these.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote