Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-16, 07:23 PM  
T2B

Ha, I guess we needed the lightness after last week. Funny moments. Not crazy about how some of the characters are being written. Why would Carol think she's better on her own? Don't get that. I know she's a bad @$$ but come on. Will Carol and Morgan end up rescuing Daryl?

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-16, 08:24 PM  
Stephanie_B

Carol said she didn't want to have to feel responsible and kill people and watch people she love die. So she wanted to be alone, but Morgan decided to follow.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 08:47 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Right. It's not that Carol feels she'd do better on her own, it's that she's "been there, done that". She knows that these little utopia communities don't last. Eventually they all end in death. She'd just rather not become invested only to lose everything.

However, I do hope she's returns. That Rick and crew join The Kingdom and take down Negan. Afterwards, they get to live happily for a while before any new drama commences....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 09:05 AM  
antbuko

I haven't finished episode two yet, just started it actually, but I am chiming in because I watched episode 1 again and I am back on board. It was brutal, but I think the show needed to go in another direction and I look forward to seeing what happens.
Old 11-01-16, 09:43 AM  
pcdoctor01

Do you think “The Kingdom” feeding the “Saviors” the tainted pigs will make the “Saviors” sick? If a pig eats zombie guts wouldn’t that pig be unhealthy to eat?
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 01:39 PM  
acey

Quirky episode, and much needed. Ezekiel is a charmer! There seems to be some chemistry between him and Carol. I'm glad she finally cracked a couple of jokes with Morgan before they parted. She's been soooooo grim and moody - and boy, wait til she finds out what happened to her original group...I hope the fighting spirit is revived! Morgan's newfound revelation that sometimes you do have to kill to save the ones you love may also hint at what's to come.

Re: people eating pigs who ate zombies - I've always been somewhat puzzled by this. I mean, most viruses can be passed through exchange of fluids, like blood, right? Yes our humans have beens splattered with zombie blood time and again. Remember when Rick killed the zombie in Alexandria at the midseason finale of Season 6, and its blood gushed all over his face? You can't tell me some didn't get in his eyes or mouth. But it doesn't trigger the virus within, even though if they bite/scratch you, it does.

And when the Termites ate Bob's leg, and he revealed he'd been bit, they got all freaked out. Yet they ate freshly killed humans even though all humans have the virus lurking within. I dunno. Thinking way too much about all this.
Old 11-01-16, 03:25 PM  
Stephanie_B

Acey watching TWD with DH can be maddening because of all the contradictions with the virus. But, I just suspend belief. I don't get WHY the writers made a point about Bob's leg and the pigs, so maybe eventually they will explain it?

Meanwhile, I thought the season finale of The Strain was perfect. They have sort of strayed from the storyline as far as characters, but the gist of it is there. If you like the fighting part of TWD (not the gore but saving human type dealio) I think anyone would enjoy this show. It also so far doesn't make the books more or less fun to read.

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 11-01-16, 07:54 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
Acey watching TWD with DH can be maddening because of all the contradictions with the virus. But, I just suspend belief. I don't get WHY the writers made a point about Bob's leg and the pigs, so maybe eventually they will explain it?

Meanwhile, I thought the season finale of The Strain was perfect. They have sort of strayed from the storyline as far as characters, but the gist of it is there. If you like the fighting part of TWD (not the gore but saving human type dealio) I think anyone would enjoy this show. It also so far doesn't make the books more or less fun to read.
Just watched the finale of The Strain. Zack!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 07:58 PM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Just watched the finale of The Strain. Zack!
The actor that played him seems so like how I pictured when I read it! I'm curious to how close they'll stay to the books' timeline now.

Old 11-01-16, 08:32 PM  
woodie

The Strain lost me after season 1 - I just lost interest. The first episode of TWD was awesome. So brutal and painful to watch but really an incredible way to kick off any season of anything. I agree I don't get Carol either. I am hoping she gets her head right and gets back to the original group. Ezekiel - well, I think I like him. We shall see.

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
way off topic