Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-20, 11:01 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question What are your fitness plans for November?

I'm thinking of doing a month of high rep strength along with my usual cardio.

I've been doing pretty much the same rotation for a couple of years. It's quite flexible, so I just plug in the workout I feel like doing to follow the theme of the day.

Anyone have a particular plan or rotation for November?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 01:40 PM  
DCW

I am ready to pick up weights again. Usually, my rec classes used weights. No classes, no weights. So time for me to adjust and adapt and do it at home.

Thank goodness I have some weights at home.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 02:41 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've been doing mostly heavy weights/bands for strength for a while now. I need a change.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 02:51 PM  
fanofladyvols

Alta, I have been doing S90 and Brazil Butt lift (mostly).

But am looking forward to Cathe's Perfect 30.. depending how long I play with that then I will do a hybrid rotation with Weider X Factor ST.

Good for you on mixing it up!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 02:51 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I bought the early access for Beachbody’s “30 Day Breakaway” program which is a 20-30 minute weight workout followed by a 20 minute run (there are audio and video versions so you can do it outside or on your treadmill). The instructor is Idalis Velasquez who was a running competitor.

I did the first day this morning and really enjoyed it. It reminds me of the iFit programs that I love for my treadmill.

The goal is to run a 5k at the end of the month. Even though I can do it already, I like having a running program for once!

Oh and Perfect 30 is shipping tomorrow too! I will fit them in of course!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 03:35 PM  
star117

I've been doing heavy for a while too and was thinking of alternating 3 Jari with 3-4 walking and a yoga each week in November and maybe December too. Hoping to lean out a bit by end of year.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 04:12 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I'm impressed with all you that stick to certain rotations or themes. I've never been able to do it. Whatever strikes my fancy on a certain day is what I do. I do try to balance with weights and cardio but that's about it.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 04:55 PM  
Messe

I joined Lauren Brooks’ Playground at the end of her 7-Day Kettlebutt Challenge. My love for kettlebells has been renewed and then some, and I expect to continue to work my way through all the content on the Playground.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 04:58 PM  
gigi

I just started another round of MBF which will take me into November. Now that I know the workouts I can go heavier and I love how short they are. It is helping me go 100% the whole time. I'm mixing in different recovery and stretching workouts. I may move on to MBFA for a second round as well but I may have to switch to Perfect 30 when they are released on streaming. Right now, I like having the workouts planned out for me. I was in a funk and only working out few days a week before MBF and MBFA.
Old 10-20-20, 07:42 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
I'm impressed with all you that stick to certain rotations or themes. I've never been able to do it. Whatever strikes my fancy on a certain day is what I do. I do try to balance with weights and cardio but that's about it.
Annette this is me too. But I lean more towards cardio because I like it better than weights, and I mix in some yoga. But I am not a rotation person either.

Linda I still have Weider X Factor ST in my virgin pile because I haven't finished all those workouts. I got the set at the Salvation Army and probably wouldn't have picked it up except it was very reasonably priced. I was doing them during my lunch break while I was working from home earlier in the year. They're pretty tough!

Tags
rotations