Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-23-20, 07:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Yesterday the hip was still acting up a bit, so used the cane during the walk with Gus. Today I'm not feeling that as much - nothing right now. Yay! I'm planning on a Gus walk this morning then taking my car in for an oil change.

Laura, cooking for myself? It's definitely not of the range my friend left me . I did a microwave dinner, boiled water to make spaghetti to use with some sauce she left, cut some cheese slices for snacks, made my usual breakfast smoothie and had a bowl of cereal. Not the cooking I was getting in my kitchen before! I'll stop by the store to pick up some hamburger meat for the grill and some bacon to do BLT's like she made - yum!

Paula, best of luck for your nephew! Hope the surgery goes well! Yesterday, i took the cane along as I was still feeling stuff in the hip, but not today. The city gave me a paper saying I couldn't rent the basement as an apartment, then that kind of got switched as a policy point by the city a month after my paper. I haven't checked to see if I could now rent it out. I did like better having my friends stay with me - who knows? Maybe they'll be back if the borders to Chile are still closed to them returning there. They are welcome here. We have talked about sharing a house in retirement living so this is good practice!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 06:20 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a busy day. I did part of a Body Project cardio workout. I also did some decluttering in part of the house and did a load of laundry. Took DH to his PT appointment and then fixed chicken tenders for DH for dinner. Tonight, I want to do a little bit of decluttering in another area.

Paula - I hope that the surgery went well, and that it helps with the seizures. Hopefully, you had a great trip.

Anita - It's nice you were able to have a trial run (at great benefit to you) for retirement. I'd think that it would be nice to see how things could go. Yay on the better day with the hip.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 07:59 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I think my hip has caught up in healing to where it was before the setback! I'm sooooo happy it wasn't a bigger problem causing the setback like a broken bone around the implant! Today is rainy - hoping that ends later this morning so I can get a walk in with Gus. Planning on going in for a tire rotation and getting some groceries. This will be one of the last warm days of summer - then drops into the 50's and 40's the next few days - heat will be turned on finally!

Laura, nice job on getting the decluttering tasks done! Check in with the decluttering group here also! I participate in that group also.

Paula, hope you're having a wonderful vacation!

Anita
Old 09-24-20, 08:23 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I was supposed to have a tutoring session this morning, but found an email cancelling. That's okay because it's a dreary day and I have a fair amount to get done around the house today. That decluttering didn't happen yesterday, so today's the day. Today is the day we're supposed to have the remnants of Beta move through, but it sounds like it will go to the south of us. We're at a 20% chance of spotty rain most of the day.

Anita - I'm glad the pain resolved itself! It would be frustrating to have something go wrong in that hip. I'll check out the decluttering group.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-25-20, 07:54 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

My hip is feeling good now and I'm trying to cut back on the naproxen I've been taking - I was taking two in the morning and two in the evening and yesterday skipped the evening dose and feel OK this morning. I might try skipping this morning also. What a difference from taking naproxen for years! Since I took a step back from healing last Saturday doing physical yard cleanup, I'll wait till next Friday for trying to work at the WRC.

As far as plans for today, I'll be walking Gus, and starting to clean up my yard a bit - needs a good mow with the leaf catcher attached. Otherwise putzing around.

Laura, good luck on your decluttering! I'm debating whether to keep my basement loaded with cooking stuff as much as it is - my friend that cooks used everything down there several times a day - me, I survive with a few glasses, knives, forks, spoons and bowls . Hope Beta isn't leaving any flooding in your area!

Anita
Old 09-25-20, 05:30 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I got the little bit of decluttering done I needed before Mom and Dad come over tomorrow. I woke up at 4:00 this morning and got stuff sorted and done around the house including cooking DH's pasta dish that he'll have leftovers of tomorrow. We also went for a haircut. Aaaah!

Today was actually the rainy day due to Beta. It has rained on and off all day. But it doesn't seem to be too much in our area. There was no signs of flooding when we were out earlier. It's supposed to clear up tomorrow!

Anita - It's great that you are able to cut back so much on the medication. It's probably a hard habit to break. What I really need to do is to get back to organizing my craft room. I got to a certain point and then got away from it and dumped a bunch more in the room.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-26-20, 08:19 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, maybe exploring a new park! Also planning on putzing in the garden and starting to clean it up. The hip is doing well off the naproxen - basically no difference than when I took it the last few days. It's weird not to have arthritis in my body, but I'll take it!

Laura, I can't believe you actually wake up and do stuff at 4 am! I would just pet Gus till falling asleep again . I think craft rooms are really hard to declutter as you collect materials for your next project and store them. I'm kind of glad I moved on from doing those types of projects, but mine had sat unused for about twenty years as my vision wouldn't keep up with the details in needlework.

Anita
Old 09-26-20, 05:54 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is my dad's 82nd birthday and most of the day was taken up with that - getting ready, picking up the food, having them over, and cleaning up some. He really seemed to enjoy it and we all enjoyed the lobster pasta.

Anita - When I wake up that early, I usually feel like it's later and have a rush of adrenaline. I crash later that morning.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-26-20, 09:12 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

We're home. Finished an enormous load of laundry, found ants in our kitchen. Had a good time but but now just watching TV.

I'll try to catch up tomorrow.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 09:23 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Should have added my nephew is home from surgery. He spent longer than expected in ICU and just got released this morning.

Hopefully this surgery will stop the seizures. He's still having some but we're told that's expected. Too soon to tell for the long term. Fingers crossed. My niece (his mom)is exhausted, her sister is there now to help so hopefully she can get some rest.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote